Could some explain what I'm doing wrong?

It sounds like a colour profile problem to me. After saving your image in PS, open it with the picture viewer - this may have the same result.

Try using the sRGB colour profile for your monitors and recalibrate them.

Hobbes and Marc,

Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't understand. I'm viewing the pic in photoshop and on the web on the same monitor. My twisted logic tells me it should look the same. The file looks the same in both ps and the picture viewer. Other peoples photos posted on TPF look great.

Could it have anything to do with me uploading the pic to snapfish and linking to it? BTW it looks like **** when I view it on snapfish as well.

Yes, it could well be snapfish. A lot of image hosts use server side scripting on images to control size, etc. Try one of the other hosts like photobucket - seems ok for most other people.

Have you tried opening the local image with your web browser? If it looks the same as it does in PS then I'd say it's a hosting problem. If not then I can only think it's the colour profiles - as I said earlier. PS is quite funny like that.

A little followup that I meant to post a long time ago. Marctwo was right. My camera was set for srgb and photoshop was changing them to adobe rgb1998

Most reactions

Back