Could use advice

iRswap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, this one has probably been covered but my specifics may be different and I'd like some input.
I am starting over with gear, I have no lenses, no bodies.
I am trying to decide what a good all around camera will be that will be heavily used for video but being a photographer is has to be good with stills.
Budget :$1000 for body
Needs: microphone input, headphone out jack
1080p fhd will probably shoot @30fps.
Sensor size does not matter (prefer no m43)
Honestly 4k is fine but I don't intend on my films being watched in 4k.. Not yet.
I guess that really the only specifics. Budget friendly mirrorless or dslr. No rolling shutter.
I know what lens I'll be after.
Just not sure what body to get. I've owned a Nikon d610 and loved everything about it but had to sell it a few years ago and now the price is out of my reach.

Panasonic gh4 sounds like a runner second hand, but you might want to check out reviews of a Panasonic G80, though it lacks headphone out.

Maybe an Olympus EM5 MK2 with grip.

Honestly, I didn't even consider panasonics. I always saw panasonic as a remote control/ cheap plastic electronics company hah. But I will look into it. I know that when I do find one to go with, I'll be spending a few years with it so it has to last.

Sony a6300. Well within your budget. Even more so used.

I've looked into various bodies. The Sony's seem to have a bad rolling shutter and poor battery life and the panasonic, I'm not sure of mft is right for me. I'm still doing research though so my mind could change. I do appreciate the input though, most people just flame question like this for being new to it. I have been a photographer for years but never considered shooting videos. Now my only video device is a gopro 4 black edition. But that won't shoot with the "artistic" dof I'm after with my new film idea

I typically use a 7.2v RC-car battery wired to a battery adapter in the camera when shooting video.

Rolling shutter can be corrected in post. (Unless you do a lot of break-neck panning)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back