TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Please!

3206864363_95d3b3d658_o.jpg

Thanks!

WOW. Great pic! Settings?

Thanks! Shot in RAW, ISO 200, 1/2000 sec, f/3.5, 18mm focal length.

<edit>

Some basic sharpening and color adjustments in PS, nothing major though.

Last edited:
I think a major DOF adjustment would have helped. Maybe somewhere in the f/16+ range. Looks as if you had a CPOL filter too, but you said PS, so it may just be that. Nice shot.

Mark

No, no CPOL. I have one, but left it at home. The sky is due to my PS work. Brought out the blues somewhat.

Brooks, great capture. Excellent use of leading lines and vanishing point.

I think a major DOF adjustment would have helped. Maybe somewhere in the f/16+ range. Looks as if you had a CPOL filter too, but you said PS, so it may just be that. Nice shot.

Mark

Why? At that focal length, the hyperfocal distance is only 15'; granted at f16 it reduces to about 4', but given the sloping foreground of the image I really don't see that it would have made a huge difference. As matter of practice, when possible, shooting in the mid-range of a lenses aperture (f5.6 - 11) is good practice, as that's generally where they are sharpest, but in practical terms the gains are generally almost undetectable to the naked eye.

Thanks for the input John. By the way, I've finally got that car shoot lined up for the middle of this week sometime, depending on when the owner of the car can meet me after work. Also, when tax money comes back, I'm going to pick up a couple of Vivitar 285's and some remote triggers so I can finally get on the other assignment. The flashes I currently have pretty much refuse to cooperate in any sort of bright light, due to their optical sensor. They work great in low light, but are nothing more than paperweights in outdoor light.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back