Couple car shots for C&C...please

Merely my opinion, but those edits are all much worse than the original with the fake blur....doesn't even look close to real.

That said, you should practice your pp skills.....Post work won't make a great photo out of a bad one, but some things can be fixed through PP. YOur image is lacking contrast and sharpness and both are killing the quality of the image. Below is just a little of the contrast and sharpening, a gradient on the sky and cropped to remove part of the train so the car is the focal point. In the future think about framing in your head before you fire the shutter and play around with post work....search youtube for some basic tutorials on curves and levels adjustments and go from there.

Here's my quick 60 second edit.
DSC_0019-3.jpg

The train cars definitely are way too distracting. Not enough depth of field to distinguish from your subject. Or if you were not going that direction then choose a different location. I understand it may look good when you roll up to the spot, but you have to realize what will be distracting and what won't be. My new found philosophy is the simpler the better.

Then again I can't photoshop either but the software Canon provides you with is sufficient enough in adding contrast and sharpening.

Anyone else think some off camera flash would help to let the background darken some?

Most reactions

Back