Couple from tonights wedding

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
For some reason, the hall the reception was at was dark, except for lights that shined on the wall. Well half the place was like this. The other half was lit normal. I used this to my advantage and came up with these shots... BTW, I wanted the yellowish light. I did this by setting the white balance to flash, but obviously not using one. I experimented with unsuspecting guests until I got the look I wanted, then brought the bride and groom over.

sama3.jpg

sama2.jpg

This one I just thought looked neat. The caterers cut the remainder of the cake (minus the top) and set them out on the table with forks in the cake. I got down to table level and got this pic...

sama1.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Doug Raflik

Nice images. I really like the sillouhettes.

A wedding I shot in Scotland recently used the exact same "couple" you show in the background :) They are in the foreground in mine......

MG_9899.jpg

The idea of the silhouetted couple with their glasses in hands is really a nice one. Once again it shows that good photography takes some time a) in visualising, b) conceptualising (yellow colour and how to achieve it), c) practise (with unsuspecting guests) and then creating the photo. Good!

But I can't get over the PLASTIC forks in the pieces of cake on cardboard (?) plates :shock: - at an elegant reception?!?! PLASTIC forks... *shakes head in utter disbelief* :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ha! that cake topper, well.... takes the cake! Its awesome.

OMG, those first two are astounding! The edges are so clean and crisp and the composition is beautiful. Stunning, amazing, and genius! (where's my thesaurus...I want more words!)

(Nominated for Photo of the Month) :)

Marian

Most reactions

New Topics

Back