Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4377323585_c90c114aab_b.jpg

4378095928_4a83c9da09_b.jpg

4377375559_cb18d47c43_b.jpg

4377386245_02bdd327c6_b.jpg

4377390001_3d618bcec0_b.jpg

Now, all of them are 3 exposure HDR shots, using photomatix. The last 2, i played around with one of the light blending setting, and got 2 completly different results.

You chose a bad day to take HDR's in the first 3 shots.The weather is just too dull.About the last two : the last shot is pretty good.Composition is nothing special,but processing is good.And I do not like previous to last one.Too cartoonish.

Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Doesn't work for me at all, sorry. The first 3 don't look like HDR and the last two just look washed out and cartoony.

Well, the first was a hdr, but, i think i had the bracketing 1, 0, -1. But, i can't find the 3 pics i used for it.

The second one, yeah, the weather wasn't the best for it, so, i think i should have just left it as a normal shot.

The 3rd one was 2,0,-2. And, the skys was the ont thing in the photo the got effected the most with the effect. Not sure why, but, the orignal sky was grayish, and after i used photomatix, it came out like that.

The last 2 were both experiments. I understand about the compostions, it was at a car meet, hard to get a good angle with some of the people walking in and out. I got into a arguement with one of my friends, who said the last shot wasn't a true hdr, cause he try to tell me all hdr shots are supose to look kinda cartoonish. Which i disagree, thus why i made both of them.

Im still learning, and have yet to have one of those epic shot moments :lmao:

The first thing to consider when doing an HDR is "why am I doing this?"

Most of these shots are not capturing much of anything that we wouldn't see with a single exposure, so they're not really good candidates.

Under normal circumstances I'd say that the first thing you should consider is whether or not the photo has merit regardless of the HDR... however, I think these were just experiments.

You also need to get quite a few more shots than you have to make a good one. I usually take 5-7, spaced out 2-3 stops each, ranging from utterly black with just a few details showing to totally washed out with just a few details showing. Remember its a dynamic range thing, so you want to get all the details your eyes can see.

I'll drag out my examples that I bore people to death with here...

CBRE%20-%20One%20Alewife%20-%20052%20-%20hdr.jpg

Without HDR this shot would result in an overexposed exterior or pitch black interior.

Salem%20Courthouse%20and%20Library%20-%20019%20TrueSight%20-%20rev2.jpg

Without HDR the skylight would be blown out or the interior would be too dark... and we wouldn't be able to see the rich deep range of tones in the browns in the image.

The first thing to consider when doing an HDR is "why am I doing this?"

Most of these shots are not capturing much of anything that we wouldn't see with a single exposure, so they're not really good candidates.

Under normal circumstances I'd say that the first thing you should consider is whether or not the photo has merit regardless of the HDR... however, I think these were just experiments.

You also need to get quite a few more shots than you have to make a good one. I usually take 5-7, spaced out 2-3 stops each, ranging from utterly black with just a few details showing to totally washed out with just a few details showing. Remember its a dynamic range thing, so you want to get all the details your eyes can see.

your shots are awesome. The first shot i decided to do after i relized the normal exposure shot, the wood work of the garage was too dark, and the outside out the garage was to bright. But, maybe i should have tried more of a range then 1, 0, -1.

But the rest, well, i kinda got the whole "I want to HDR everything!" i guess. :lmao:

Forget the numbers. You want an exposure for the brightest area, then another for the darkest area, and one for the overall middle shot. You might even want to include some in between shots depending on how bright and how dark the areas are. I seldom shoot just 3 shots.

Most reactions

Back