Couple hot rides

It's ok I'm not here to make enemies. I understand that these cars have a great following and I respect them for their strengths.

well, its all in the eye of the beholder/driver... i consider my 99 grand prix a "real" car, so ya....

Hey Shorty, How's this:mrgreen:

Loud, Vulgar, and an attitude.
http://www.pbase.com/midnitejam/image/52855051.jpg

My honest opinion?

1. It's a vert, heavier and even worse handeling than a coupe

2. 12.89 sec w/438 HP (357 WHP) great, it goes in a straight line. woot.
Why no mention of tourque? and why does it loode so much power to the wheels? Thats alot even for RWD.

3. Pontiac: cheap, plastic, crap handeling, no resale value, dime a dozen.

4. The rear wheels look p-shopped as all H3LL

5. Off road y pipes? what makes them "off road" and why?

6. this "real car" has more plastic parts than a tonka truck.

7. Lets see this car last 10 seconds against any FE/RWD BMW or ME/RWD Porsche in its class with 50-100 less BHP or TQ

8. I've built audi/vw 1.8L turbo motors that produce 480 WHP/390 ftTQ that would put that 5.7-liter 346 cubic inch beast to shame.

Now if the owner loves the car, awesome he's an enthusiast. But to say any other car than american muscle isn't a "real car" that just shows ignorance and you loose all credit as a car enthusiast. Typical domestic car enthusiast, hates to admit that there are better built cars from out of country. Don't forget that the european car market has the highest sport class, and fastest vehicles on the planet. Take a look at the volkswagen built Bugatti Veyron... and give me one of your "real cars" that can top it.

I'm not saying that american/japanese cars are crap but you cant be so dull not to know there is always something better.

To the OP, sorry for starting this discussion in your thread.

I like car shows, especially when there is no crowd to get in the way of taking pictures. Nice job with hdr!

My honest opinion?

Now if the owner loves the car, awesome he's an enthusiast. But to say any other car than american muscle isn't a "real car" that just shows ignorance and you loose all credit as a car enthusiast. Typical domestic car enthusiast, hates to admit that there are better built cars from out of country. Don't forget that the european car market has the highest sport class, and fastest vehicles on the planet.

Ouch! You drew blood (first blood). Whats up with that?
Dude, somehow you've managed to morph this into a personal barage of insults--Real Class, huh? I didn't once make a personal comment about anyone posted in this thread.

Take a look at the volkswagen built Bugatti Veyron... and give me one of your "real cars" that can top it.
I assume you own such a symbol of class and aristocracy?

I'm not saying that american/japanese cars are crap but you cant be so dull not to know there is always something better.
and you can be this dull?

To the OP, sorry for starting this discussion in your thread.
Sorry? Sorry like hell. Just a feeble effort for a psuodo-intellectual to divert blame on someone else for bad manners while he is standing in the middle of an art musuem elbow-to-elbow with other experts drinking his coffee from a paper cup and thinking that the protrusion of his pinky makes him bonefied as one of the other europeans.

You buy it and I'll race it.

Ouch! You drew blood (first blood). Whats up with that?
Dude, somehow you've managed to morph this into a personal barage of insults--Real Class, huh? I didn't once make a personal comment about anyone posted in this thread.

No, of course not... you just implied every other car posted in this forum was indeed inferior to that of the mighty american muscle car

I assume you own such a symbol of class and aristocracy?

I just own a lowly audi S4 w/B5 RS4 motor setup.

and you can be this dull?

evidently

Sorry? Sorry like hell. Just a feeble effort for a psuodo-intellectual to divert blame on someone else for bad manners while he is standing in the middle of an art musuem elbow-to-elbow with other experts drinking his coffee from a paper cup and thinking that the protrusion of his pinky makes him bonefied as one of the other europeans.

I fail to see the part of my apoplogy where I was passing blame.
And you saying "nice to see some real cars" is like being the guy looking at the paintings and thinking they all suck if it isn't a Da vinci. Or some other long drawn out attempt at an analogy.

You buy it and I'll race it.
What does that even mean?

And calling me a "psuodo-intellectual" and following that up by saying "You buy it and I'll race it" really helps your case. You know what, your right. Sorry for even asking what you ment by your statement. Feel free to continue to tell everyone what a good/bad car is, your opinion is the only one that matters. I'm done. :thumbup:

eh its ok i spose... at least people are visiting one of my threads. i have a question though, are those signature banner thigns of legal size? i thought mine was the largest allowed

eh its ok i spose... at least people are visiting one of my threads. i have a question though, are those signature banner thigns of legal size? i thought mine was the largest allowed

I don't know, but you are probably right.

Midnightjam and Nein-Reis, let's all settle on the obvious fact that we are car loving people and move on. We have enough in common to use it as a benefactor. I like Japanese cars, Nein loves European cars, midnightjam prefers American cars, all of us own something we're proud of, and we all are able to (I at least hope) respect the genres of the other enthusiasts. We all have cars in our genre we're proud to have as part of the group and some not so much, all the genres have their ups and downs. Europeans make the most luxurious sedans and the worlds most exotic supercars where America delivers brilliant straightline performance and the Japanese make crazy cornering machines. The Europeans are better rounded but they cost 2 3 4 or many multiple times as much. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but most importantly we all love power, sexy body panels, large brakes, and amazing lateral grip, that should be enough to bring us together as the forum family we are.

as for you midnightjam, in the future it would be better to not imply a "this is superior" feel to the subject anyone's private property, especially property this personalized to that specific owner.

Originally Posted by DSLR noob
That your post is demeaning to those of others who posted pics of their cars in here before. Which I have done.

I'm sorry. Please excuse my lack of sensitivity.
MJ

I'll say it one more time..... I'm sorry. Please excuse my lack of sensitivity.

DSLRnoob, perhaps you didn't see my apology that was issued before the personal barage began?? I will apologize however many times you want for my remark about a car even though I never considered that remark to be personal. I didn't call anyone ignorant or dull or in any way demeaned his person.

It doesn't bother me what is said about my car, my boat, my jet ski nor my two motorcycles or any of my pictures that I submit for comment. But derisive, debasing, or other personal ridicule will usually be met with resentment and opposition.

Midnightjam and Nein-Reis, let's all settle on the obvious fact that we are car loving people and move on. We have enough in common to use it as a benefactor. I like Japanese cars, Nein loves European cars, midnightjam prefers American cars, all of us own something we're proud of, and we all are able to (I at least hope) respect the genres of the other enthusiasts. We all have cars in our genre we're proud to have as part of the group and some not so much, all the genres have their ups and downs. Europeans make the most luxurious sedans and the worlds most exotic supercars where America delivers brilliant straightline performance and the Japanese make crazy cornering machines. The Europeans are better rounded but they cost 2 3 4 or many multiple times as much. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but most importantly we all love power, sexy body panels, large brakes, and amazing lateral grip, that should be enough to bring us together as the forum family we are.
This is a rightious comment. And very much appropriate

as for you midnightjam, in the future it would be better to not imply a "this is superior" feel to the subject anyone's private property, especially property this personalized to that specific owner.

My remark (for which I have apologized twice already) was never directed at anybody in particular. I don't know nein-reis nor what he drives nor do I care. Neither of our comments have been appropriate material for discussion on a photography forum. I've apologized for my own remarks twice already. Now get over it and lets get back on track and be good little boys and girls.

thanks for your comment shoothoops! very poetic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back