Couple More Moonlight Pictures

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by drdan, Jan 29, 2005.

1. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

These turned out very bad and I was only able to get a picture at all by boosting levels incredibly. They are very grainy but I kind of like them. These are in the Garden of the Gods. Any other comments?

The second one was processed twice with Neat Image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

How about this "curves" mistake on the first picture. I think I just like the composition of this one.

[​IMG]

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    While I'm not too fond of the "curves error", I do like the painted picture character along with the almost surreal landscape of the first. As a "converted trekkie" (enjoying the Star Trek TNG series right now) I feel that these could be a wonderful background for one of those episodes on Planet Deltaecho way down in deep space... ;) The second more than the first, though "they" have sometimes even landed on planets with vegetation...

4. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

I'm glad you caught that, I also agree that it looks like another planet. I used to be there on every full moon summer night without fail. It really does feel like being on different planet to walk around there in the moonlight. Plus the temperature on a summer evening is a perfect as it gets with no biting insects, just incredible.

If anyone is ever in Colorado Springs on a full moon summer night I'll be glad to act as guide. Actually the night before the calendar says it's full moon is the best as it rises early enough to light the park well by 10:00 pm. It's worth the trouble as evidenced by the fact that there are usually lots of people in the park when it's full moon.

5. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

The first two really do look like shots from an old 60s science fiction movie. It's an interesting effect.