Couple new B&W prints

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just completed a darkroon class, and this a sampling of my efforts. The worst thing about any photography class is having to run out and capture images you can actually stand to work on for a few hours when you're done! So these beat the usual strip malls and parking lots that are part of Atlanta. :wink:

Ye olde standby, Oakland Cemetery: Ilford FP 400, Agfa Classic 118 fiber paper:

normal_angel.jpg

And this is from atop Kennesaw Mountain, supposedly a canon from the Battle of Kennesaw (I think Atlanta lost that one.... :p ), Ilford HP 400, same paper:

normal_canon.jpg

whooaa, you take photos terri? I thought you just post in the off topic area :p ;)

cool captures of hotlanta! i totally dig the first one the exposure looks spot on! My guess is that the scan lost alot of detail in the last one - the white highlights seem to drown out the detail. oh, i got the film & paper but which camera did you use for this young lady?

I am looking at taking a darkroom course at AUT here in Auckland, but i'll be a total newbie at it. Can you tell a little more about this course you did?

vonnagy said:
whooaa, you take photos terri? I thought you just post in the off topic area :p ;)

cool captures of hotlanta! i totally dig the first one the exposure looks spot on! My guess is that the scan lost alot of detail in the last one - the white highlights seem to drown out the detail. oh, i got the film & paper but which camera did you use for this young lady?

I am looking at taking a darkroom course at AUT here in Auckland, but i'll be a total newbie at it. Can you tell a little more about this course you did?

Hey, if I quit posting in the off-topic threads, you'd weep from missing me. :twisted: .....ewww, you're right, the bottom print looks pretty contrasty here. It's not, really - I was in the shadows shooting toward the bright light so took care to expose for the shadows, and the print looks better than this scan. You can see lots more detail in the upper right, the leaves and stuff. :p Ah, well. :wink:

Specs: both shots (different films) with my trusty Pentax MZ-S. Probably the 85mm portrait lens on the angel (I love Oakland, but the angels are starting to wave at me now when I come in; it's creeping me out :shock: ), maybe the 50mm on the cannon..?

I loved that class. It was a 6-week class, 2 hours of instruction with 5 hours of darkroom access in between. I would have appreciated more instructor time IN the darkroom at the beginning; it was very intimidating. But I got past that. I had to shoot a roll each week (hence the mad running around), develop it, do a contact sheet, and at least one 8x10 from the roll. Pretty hectic schedule, but it was a total blast!! :D

It was pretty much all 35mm work, but I snuck in the darkroom yesterday and printed a Holga shot from negatives I've had awhile. I put that image up over in the darkroom forum, since it's kind of a repeat (I scanned from the contact sheet before) :p

I love the first picture, and i don't know if you didn't crop the holes on purpose or just didn't notice them, but that only improves the shot! The second one really looks a bit too contrasty - i've said it before, and i'll say it again - scanners suck!!! :irked: apparently they actually teach you something there... :D

Most reactions

Back