Couple new portraits from today

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Ajay, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

Tried a slightly desaturated look with this one. So far my experimenting hasn't gone over very well. How about this time?
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Love the shiny eyes in #1 - he's gorgeous. I wish it wasn't quite so bright on the right cheek, but then I'm probably being nitpicky. The shirt is a little distracting - I'd go for a solid or paler print next time, personally. Nice shot.

#2 doesn't appear to be desaturated to me - the colors look quite natural, actually. I'd love her eyes to be a little brighter. Very sweet image, though - great expression on baby.

3. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Much better. Super cute photos. I dont mind the busy shirt...I know the rule is solids but with babies and kids, I feel like clothes can be part of the photo. However, I think the makeshift background is a little distracting to me...it looks like a blanket thrown over a couch.

A reflector would be nice on the second to light up the entire face, that would have been nice.

4. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments!

Stella - I went back and forth a lot deciding whether or not the right cheek was too bright. I think I might go back in and tone it down just a tad. I didn't really have a choice in the shirt. This is my niece and we just had a little mini photo session while I was babysitting her one day. I do agree with you though - I have some other shots that show the whole shirt and it is just so distracting.

Emerana - It, er, was just a blanket over a couch. :blushing: Like I said, it was an impromptu session and her blanket was the only solid colored item i had on hand. I'm going to be getting some new material soon though that I can have on hand for things like this.

I didn't think of using a reflector on the second shot. I dodged her eyes and lightened the shadows a bit, but whenever I dodge I seem to lose contrast in that area - any suggestions on that?

Again, thanks for the feedback.

5. MyaLover

MyaLover TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OMG #2 is too cute!! I agree with the eyes needing to be a bit brighter but other than that I think they are adorable!

6. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Mya!

7. Lacey Anne

Lacey Anne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My 14 month old daughter lit up when she saw #2. I think she's a fan. :)