Couple of Country Roads (Critique Needed)

Dykstra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1.)
4610414011_a58e9c9a75_o.jpg

2.)
4611022718_87cd1b77d4_o.jpg

All comments and critique are highly appreciated. Thanks!

I particularly like the way you framed this shot. The road dissected by the lower left hand corner of the frame. Then following the road through the image. Nicely done.

I particularly like the way you framed this shot. The road dissected by the lower left hand corner of the frame. Then following the road through the image. Nicely done.

Thanks a lot. Someone mentioned it's not the best subject to use in monochrome, but I felt the contrast worked well. The colors in the photograph weren't very appealing to begin with anyway.

I like the first one, compositionally easier on the eye, also like the almost infra red feel to it. Second one for me doesn't have enough detail where detail is needed, might be suffering from over sharpening too, though I can't rely on my screen, as it is callobrated to suit my images not yours. So No1 for me, not that this info will be of any use to you whatsoever!

Emma

www.emmaflavell.co.uk

I like the framing on both shots, and I like that #1 is NOT symmetrical. I think both could be improved by adding something in the foreground.

I think #1 needs more contrast, but I don't know how to achieve that; maybe apply a green filter to darken the road and the tree trunks.

Hey Emma - Where does it need more detail? I can dodge in areas that need to be brighter.

Also, this might sound kind of random, but I was thinking about going back to number 2 and putting a beach ball in the foreground where the road is split diagonally.

I really like number one... but I would love to see it in color, if you wouldn't mind posting :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back