Couple of Mystic, CT...(overcast)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by d1a1s1, May 11, 2007.

1. d1a1s1

d1a1s1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Unfortunately its overcast today and the leaves havent quite finished blooming....I didnt want to wait though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you had deliberately underexposed for the ground elements (trees, buildings, boats etc) - I wonder if you had got some detail in the overcast sky?
    As they are, they both lack in contrasts, I think, and the bland, whitish sky really bothers me here. In the first, a slight adaptation in levels or curves might still bring out some "sky" (or a selective one, stronger for the sky, less strong for the rest), but I am not sure there is anything left of the sky in the second...

3. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I took the freedom of editing the second one: played with the curves, pulled down the highlights, increased contrast and a tad extra saturation.

[​IMG]

So there still is some structure in the sky, but having the image stopped down a bit while shooting would have given more here I suppose.

Oh, and that blob you see in the sky is a dust-bunny or a raindrop ;) maybe get the sensor cleaned if it appears on your images regularly