Couple of Mystic, CT...(overcast)

d1a1s1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Unfortunately its overcast today and the leaves havent quite finished blooming....I didnt want to wait though.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

If you had deliberately underexposed for the ground elements (trees, buildings, boats etc) - I wonder if you had got some detail in the overcast sky?
As they are, they both lack in contrasts, I think, and the bland, whitish sky really bothers me here. In the first, a slight adaptation in levels or curves might still bring out some "sky" (or a selective one, stronger for the sky, less strong for the rest), but I am not sure there is anything left of the sky in the second...

I took the freedom of editing the second one: played with the curves, pulled down the highlights, increased contrast and a tad extra saturation.

DSC_0092.jpg

So there still is some structure in the sky, but having the image stopped down a bit while shooting would have given more here I suppose.

Oh, and that blob you see in the sky is a dust-bunny or a raindrop ;) maybe get the sensor cleaned if it appears on your images regularly

Most reactions

Back