Couple of newbie pics

Gazman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, just introducing myself as i have been browsing these forums for last week or so looking at some pretty sweet pics.

I`m brand new to photography, got a canon 400d for my 30th birthday last week. :lovey:

Really wanting to get into photography as over the last year or so i`ve found myself looking more and more at photos and enjoying them.

I went to amsterdam for my birthday also, so was a good opportunity to get clicking. Heres a couple of shots, pretty much all were shot in auto mode (portrait/landscape etc) as i have no real clue yet so didnt want to waste too much of the wifes time :)

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

None have had any sort of after effects. Figured i`d learn how to take a pic first before i go messing with advanced stuff :)
Feel free to slate them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo Gazman, welcome to ThePhotoForum, a late Happy Birthday to reaching that landmark of 30, and congrats to a lovely present for an equally wonderful new hobby of yours!

Amsterdam ... so where do you normally live?

Yes, Amsterdam is a wonderful place to test out a new camera, and you found some nice places, too. Tried your hand at everything, even nighttime photography and a bit of macro. Wow. Cool. You are on the right track! :D Read the manual. Read up on photography in general, the technical aspects as well as the aesthetic aspects, and you'll get there! :D

Welcome again.

Hi laFoto.
Im from England, sunny yorkshire normally :)

I took over 250 shots in 2 days, one hell of a lot of rubbish in there :) especially most of the night shots, blur central.

Ive read the manual once, but am gonna read it again, as last night i couldn`t figure out after 15 mins of messing why i couldnt compensate the exposure in P mode.

Welcome to TPF!

Check out Understanding Exposure or if you don't want to buy the book to a search related to exposure and you will find a ton of great information. That is a good place to start anyways :D

P mode is essentially an automatic mode by the way ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back