Couple of patient pelicans...

Moe Sizlack

Student
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The pelicans were out and about this morning. They even seemed to be in a good mood as they didn't appear to mind my creeping up on Them. Since it was pretty hazy I cranked the iso up to 400 for these which made them kinda noisy. I ran them through noise ninja for Photoshop and I gotta say I am pretty impressed with it. That was the first time I have used it and it sure seems to do a bang up job. I used my 70-200 f/4L on these and I couldn't be happier with it. That is one sweet lens.

1)

14921-IMG_4669.jpg

2)
14921-IMG_4599.jpg

Photos look great! Im really loving #1 how they're looking at each other. Awesome captures.

#1 really does it for me, great capture and post processing.

#1 is a great shot...almost looks like they're having a conversation while heading to the water.

I like the both! I think I like #2 better though. I like the action and composition. I like how it looks like you just hit pause on his flight and captured the moment. :)

I'm pretty happy with #2, I've tried this shot several times and had a difficult time keeping the wing tips sharp. I shot this one at 1/1600 sec and it froze the action nicely.

Most reactions

Back