Couple of shots from Chicago today

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've gotten really far away from my "roots"... if you can say that. I used to do nothing but street photography. I sucked at it I think, but today I brought my camera to the office to walk around for a couple of miles and to do a little street photography.

Honestly, I found it boring compared to model shoots. :( I guess it's not my thing anymore. I did get a couple of different pics I thought I would share though. Let me know what you think.

#1: Who knows what this is?
584796272_UtpbM-L.jpg

#2: A homeless man I passed on my walk back to the office.
584817745_7W2Yg-XL.jpg

The Bean!

I love the bean. It was dirty when I was there. Looks clean now.
A bunch of us went to Chicago specifically to go to Moto for dinner.
I loved millenium park, and hope to get back there someday.

Homeless guy is sad. Good image though.
"Paper or Plastic?"
I wonder which he prefers?

Yeah nothing real special IMHO... Stick with your model shots. Your lucky to have a friend who will do that for you.

#1 Kind of looks like something anyone with a P&S can take. sorry that's just how I see it. Bean pictures are getting old.

#2 I like it but I think you could have done something better with it composition wise. It's kind of boring. Your whites that are in the "paper or plastic" bag are blown out.

Where do you live in chicago? I'm in the suburbs but my uncles in the city. He's a professional photographer so I guess all the bean pictures aren't special to me because I've seen them (one of my uncles best sellers is the bean).

Peace,
<>Dylan<>

EDIT: Oh and go white sox :p

Your whites that are in the "paper or plastic" bag are blown out.
I agree... they're a little blinding; however, I think the overall content is good. "Paper or Plastic" it adds a comical element to the picture :lol:

#2 I like it but I think you could have done something better with it composition wise.

Such as?

I really like #2 as well, but I'll agree you could have chosen a bit more interesting composition. I personally would have gotten down to level with the ledge he is sitting on and moved a bit close to the ledge (to your right). Good shot though!

#2 I like it but I think you could have done something better with it composition wise.

Such as?

I really like #2 as well, but I'll agree you could have chosen a bit more interesting composition. I personally would have gotten down to level with the ledge he is sitting on and moved a bit close to the ledge (to your right). Good shot though!

Moving to the right would have obscured his face. I don't think that would have made for a more interesting shot. Maybe more to the left, but I didn't want a square on shot as this is almost as boring as perfectly centered shots IMHO. Lower might have been good... He was moving around and I wasn't feeling comfortable shooting him - especially if he woke up with some dude standing over him with a camera. I got my shot in a couple of seconds and moved on. :)

About the bean comments, I agree - they are WAY over done. This is my one and only shot of the landmark. I'll probably never take another one. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back