Couple on the beach

chrisfenison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_3987.jpg

1/1250 sec, f/8.0
Cropped, Sepia Filter applied in PS CS

voodoocat said:
I love the composition and feel of the shot. But it's oversharpened IMO.

Agreed.

Here's a version with a little less vivid colors and a barley and sharpening at all.
DSC_3987c.jpg

And here's a version with a little blur applied to give it a really soft look.
DSC_3987b.jpg

I like the softness of the last one. The first one must have been because of the sharpness. There was just something with it that I couldn't put my finger on. Good work.

I really, really, really, really like the composition of this picture. I like the softness, adds to the mood of the photo.

Thanks folks. Seems like everyone likes the soft one the best. Maybe I'll do an oversize print of it just to see what it looks like.

I like the original one you posted best. I don't think it was oversharpened at all. It was nice and crispy, and the color was great. The other ones seem flat in comparison.

Digital Matt said:
I like the original one you posted best. I don't think it was oversharpened at all. It was nice and crispy, and the color was great. The other ones seem flat in comparison.
sharpening halos != sharp and crisp

Look at the top of the hills there is a white halo which is an obvious sign of oversharpening.

I do like the 2nd version you posted. Though I like the saturation on the first. It could use at least a little sharpening. Try a couple USM on low settings (like 40/2/1) a couple times.

Of the three, I like the first best. Composition is very nice for the pano crop. As for fixing the look of the photo, I would suggest to start with the original file, sharpen less and do fine adjustments with levels and curves to lend "pop" without blowing out the highlights.

I like the second one also, mainly because it's a romantic picture and romance to this old fool should be soft and dreamy, though i know the people into S&M would disagree :wink:

Most reactions

Back