Couple Panoramas for C&C

Sherman Banks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple panoramas from this weekend at Mount St. Helens.

This one is made up of 4 photos stitched from portrait framing. Infrared treatment done in Photoshop.
18mm @ f/10, 1/250.
3568025672_d4f4b45753_b.jpg

This one is three photos stitched from landscape framing. The jpeg compression seems to have reduced the clarity but it is sharper at full resolution. IR treatment in Photoshop.
50mm @ f/13, 1/80
3567234313_9a71e3eb6f_o.jpg

Landscape photography isn't exactly my thing, but I'm pleased with the results.

Wonderful. I really like the first one a lot.

Oh, as far as C&C...I think you probably could have gotten away with only 3 frames on the first one. I find the far right of the image to be a little less interesting and if was cropped a little closer to that mountain I think I'd like it better. In any case, it's a great image.

Thanks Nate! I just wish I had the sky of the second in the first. It's a bit more interesting to me.

Wow, how do I critique this?? These are amazing! I love the width of the first one. I like seeing more of the ground than the sky. I agree with you that the sky in Pic #2 is more interesting. Bummer you couldn't have had THAT sky in Pic #1!

I love how crisp the contrast looks, the dramatic bright lights..probably due to the infrared treatment? Anyway, looks great. If landscape isn't your thing, maybe you should reconsider!

I think they are very good technically. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the IR treatment. Did you do this to hide the stitching? Mt. St. Helens. How awesome is that? I wish I had volcanoes to photograph. I still remember when it last erupted. I hear it's been acting up lately.

they are both great photos but for some reason in the first my attention is drawn to the left of it and only after do i concentrate on the volcano. the second one is my favorite, i love the sky too. i gotta learn how to do this, i just love IR photos.

I think they are very good technically. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the IR treatment. Did you do this to hide the stitching? Mt. St. Helens. How awesome is that? I wish I had volcanoes to photograph. I still remember when it last erupted. I hear it's been acting up lately.

The stitching is actually still apparent on the first one in the left side of the frame. For some reason PS didn't stitch it together where it was supposed to so I did it manually and tried my best to make it blend.

I did the IR treatment because even though it was a clear day, there was a lot of haze causing the color renditions to look very blue. I'm certainly no expert on landscape photography so the B&W treatment is just a fallback since I can't make the color look good.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

I think they look really neat to me. I need to learn to do this also. But I would have to agree that on the first one you are drawn to the big light mass on the left first.

I tried bringing the exposure down on that side but it looked odd. I kind of like the balance it gives with the darkness of the two corners but I can see how it distracts from the focal point.

Most reactions

Back