ScottH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Please :)

2758668262_f9905404b4_o.jpg

2758668486_26454083d6_o.jpg

I think on #1, she's a little too square on to the camera. Not a very flattering position for a girl. Gives the appearance of broader shoulders.
I also find the background a little too distracting.

#2: I don't see enough of her face. On a profile you would ideally like to see one of everything (one mouth, one eye, one nose). Maybe you could have her tuck her hair behind her ear a little bit.

there's my bit of C&C

I'm sorry, these poses remind me of a wanted poster I agree with twocolor's assessment of both images. I'd also suggest avoid having your subjects look into the sun; even when they try hard, their expressions are never quite natural. You're very close, I'd say another try should nail it.

Thanks for the suggestions, was just kind of shooting randomly around.

A good exercise in Depth of Field but I agree with the others, the poses and background (in the first) leave a lot to be desired.

in the first image she looks very out of place.

and I agree that having the sun in her face does not help her facial expression!

The second image is cool in a way. just her character gets lost because you cannot see much of her face. just a tad more of her face and less sun in her eyes, and it could be a great image!!

The second image is cool in a way. just her character gets lost because you cannot see much of her face. just a tad more of her face and less sun in her eyes, and it could be a great image!!

I agree. If you get a chance to shoot with her again Try # 2 again. This time have her start by looking like she is now, then tell her to turn her head a little to her right (theres a kinda rule that says the nose should not extent pass the cheek) Would be cool to if she is not looking at the camera as well. That should be a vey nice image!

#1 background is too busy, and she has hot spots (bright areas) on her nose, cheeks, lips and forehead. It looks like she just ate a very sour lemon. Try to balance out the color more and use photoshop to tone down the hot areas.

#2 is a great effort, however; the trees are not a great background and her nose is too bright. Nice highlites in the hair.

You have the ideas right, you just need to practice:wink:

Most reactions

Back