Couple Portrait

maaatter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was taken earlier today, bumped up the contrast by only .0X in Aperture.

$5.12.12couple.jpg

40D
ISO 200
50mm f/2.8

Too much empty space all around them, some leafy branches have got in the way ... the building in the background is distracting. Taking a step to the right would have resulted in it being hidden behind the couple. As it is I would severely crop the picture around them.

I would crop it too. You captured their happiness. Once you crop it, it will focus more on the couple.

Thanks for the comments. I went ahead and cropped it a bit, but I think the building is my biggest enemy right now. Here's the updated.
$5.12.12couplecrop.jpg

Crop one of the sides to move them out of the centre of the image, and in future when shooting portraits, consider the portrait orientation (vertical). The image needs work, but with some time in the pixel room, you can produce a good product. As mentioned you captured the emotion which is the important aspect!

Definitely will take all this into consideration! I have a few other poses from them which I quite like. Gonna spend some time doing a couple edits and see how they turn out. Thanks again!

And another one. Spent some more time editing it and doing a little more crop. Tried to keep the tree in the other side to somewhat keep the complete focus off the garage, let me know. Also added another photo from the set.

$couple4**.jpg$couple4*.jpg

Most reactions

Back