Couple questions/concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
1. I hate not being able to see who's online. Why was this changed from the previous board? No other board I'm a part of (sadly there are a few others) is like this.

2. When I post a reply, I find it tedious and annoying to have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get back to the forum. Why isn't there a button at the bottom?

3. The reputation thing is stupid. And childish.

Vancouver said:
2. When I post a reply, I find it tedious and annoying to have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get back to the forum. Why isn't there a button at the bottom?

Already fixed. There is an additional navigation bar between the end of a thread and the quick reply box :)

Zach :D

Vancouver said:
1. I hate not being able to see who's online. Why was this changed from the previous board? No other board I'm a part of (sadly there are a few others) is like this.

3. The reputation thing is stupid. And childish.

Answer to #1)you can see who is online, just go to the bottom of the index page, or up to > Quick links > Who is online

Answer to #2) that problem has already been fixed. There are multiple ways to go back to the forum from the bottom of the page.

Answer to #3) ignore it if you don't like it.

You can go into Quick Links and to "who is online" and it tells you exactly where everyone is. and on the index page is says how many people are viewing each forum. Isn't that enough?

I'm sure that it is the last thing on their minds right now though...since the mods have so much to do right now. They've worked really hard to get the forum running smoothly. Let's give them a break already.

corey, he was hardly being demanding.
i think hes talking about on the right hand side top corner, it used to say who was viewing that forum. its not there anymore.

core_17 said:
You can go into Quick Links and to "who is online" and it tells you exactly where everyone is. and on the index page is says how many people are viewing each forum. Isn't that enough?

I'm sure that it is the last thing on their minds right now though...since the mods have so much to do right now. They've worked really hard to get the forum running smoothly. Let's give them a break already.

ok, for me, no it's not enough. i like to see that say, you, oriecat, and myself are in Off topic chat. this is the only board i post on where this isn't a feature. why waste my time going to check where everyone is? then i'm not even where i want to be anymore! anyways, i guess this is just me.

as for "last thing on their minds." well maybe it is. but they asked for comments and questions. i had comments and questions. so i posted this thread. i don't see a problem.

and i think corey, you yourself have probaly asked more questions than anyone.
thats what this forum is for.

ok, for lack of a better set of words here..ill say this.

We ALL have put in an assload of time with this change(zachm and chase most of all), and for you to come on here with as little time as you have here and say something is childish and stupid really rubs me the wrong way bro. i really dig that you are here and that you and manda are so happy, but come on. cut us some slack. we are working to make it better, there are many features we havent explored yet, and its going to take time. i just didnt like the way you came across with your suggestions.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back