couple questions?

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by philippians1v21, Sep 26, 2008.

1. philippians1v21

philippians1v21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm using a Canon EOS RebelX w/ 35-80mm 1:4-5.6

1.If someone could tell me why I might be getting these results? This is a picture of my dog in the living room.

[​IMG]

I have 10 out of 27 exposures on a 24 exposure roll turn out like this. The rest are very nice.

2. How can I get 27 exposures off of a 24 exposure roll of film?

2. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can answer one of your questions... Of course it isn't the important one :( There are always a couple of extra frames on the roll because they will most likely be fogged when the film is loaded into the camera (among other things). Loading in complete darkness (or having one of those newfangled automatic things) lets you use all 27 exposures on a 24 exposure roll or all 40 exposures (give or take) on a 36 exposure roll.

3. philippians1v21

philippians1v21 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks monkeykoder. It might now be the most important one but it at least gets me more info and I learned something. I'll load film in the dark now.

4. malkav41

malkav41 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What kind of lighting did you have on in your living room at the time you shot this? Does the camera have an on camera pop-up flash?
    Was it 10 shots in sequence, or at various frames on the roll? Has this happened before with another roll of film?
    The red edge on the right side looks like it some how got exposed to light. Was this the first frame on the roll? If so then to could be from when you loaded the film into the camera. I've had it happen to me before. Sorry for all the questions, but they may help us help you. :)