couple things soon to be mine

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by SrBiscuit, Sep 8, 2009.

1. SrBiscuit

SrBiscuit TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    finally a couple new little toys...
    nothing crazy.

i have a D1h on its way, shipping today. (i really wanted KMH's D1x but couldnt justify the cost)
    i know i know...why buy a low res cam...but i would like a second body, and i don't really print. i look forward to DOF preview, bracketing, good high ISO performace, and playing with more complicated settings. :D (in addition to the ability to use older lenses)
    i've read a lot about the d1h, and understand the autoWB is crap, but beyond that, people seem to say good things.

im also picking up a lowepro slingshot 100 that i found on craigslist after work tonight. i really want a slingshot for our trip to disney in october, and this one is $35 in new condition. i'll take it! :thumbup:

just thought i'd share my impending arrivals, and if anyone has any tips for either item (other than toss the d1h in the trash :greenpbl:) feel free to share.

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Oh yes, I'm tickled to death for you......;)

But really, congrats on the new gear. :thumbup:

I made a couple of images with the D1X just today at the local Junior College, so it's not getting dusty.

Anyone with a 10MP camera that captures their images as JPEGs is working with 2 MP too, but only 8-bits of color depth.