Covered bridge

Mole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just changed the WB. Comments welcome :wink:
KnightsFerryBridge.jpg

I guess no one likes this photo. :( Can someone at least tell whats wrong with it?

Oh no, it isn't that no one likes it, sometimes threads just get overlooked. There have been several times where I post expecting at least a couple comments and somehow it magically migrates to the bottom of the pack never to be seen. :)

The foreground with the rusty leaves in comparison with the warmth of the sky makes it feel like autumn didn't leave so long ago. Though the composition is strong, I might actually suggest a perspective even closer to the ground, one thing that keeps catching my eye is how the bridge seperates the ground and the sky. I am not certain whether that is a positive or negative, but no harm in trying right?

Good eye to catch this one though

Peanuts is right. It's not that your picture is hideous..:wink:.
Far from it. This sometimes happens. Just keep 'bumping' it. We will comment eventually.

My biggest problem (I'm an amateur, so disregard any of my statements) is that where the bridge crosses the gap, there's a dark spot. I saw this picture before the WB change and I didn't immediately recognize it as a bridge. I thought it was a shed. IMHO it would really stand out if you were to shoot it from an angle that lets some sky peek through. That would emphasize the bridge's 'floating in the air'.

pascal

Thanks everyone for the comments. I agree with it needing to be composed at a lower angle. This shot is one of those that you see when your leaving and you just stop and take a pic. It was almost completely dark when I took this and I still had some hiking to do to get out of there, so I didn't get to setup like I would have liked. I have shot many photos from this area and each time I go back I find stuff I've never seen before. I need to start keeping track of certain areas and make a plan of attack before I go out there next time.

This is a very good picture. I have a covered bridge just a short drive from my house but haven't seen it in years. Where was this taken???
Cosmo

cosmonaut said:
This is a very good picture. I have a covered bridge just a short drive from my house but haven't seen it in years. Where was this taken???
Cosmo

Knights Ferry, California

Most reactions

Back