Covering a Conference - Basics

Goldeeno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
goldeeno.zoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice on shooting and covering a conference type event.

I was woundering if you normally use a flash these events, they are normally quite well lit anyway, and i know from a previous times i had alot of red eye, how can i avoid this?

Also there comes to the matter of cost. What would an Ametuer charge for covering something liek for 2 days. They wanted images for a website, so photos of the speaker and then of general interacting of the guests and speakers.

I was woundering if you normally use a flash these events, they are normally quite well lit anyway
Unless they are outdoors in the day time...they are probably not as well lit as you think. I would certainly use flash unless it was a distraction to what was going on.

and i know from a previous times i had alot of red eye, how can i avoid this?
Red eye is caused by light reflecting off of a person's retina and back to the lens. This happens when the flash is close to the lens.
The way to avoid this, is not to use a camera's built-in flash...but use a hot shoe flash above the camera or even higher up on a bracket. Or even better, get the flash completely off of the camera...or bounce the light off of something like a ceiling or wall.

As far as what you should charge goes, you probably need enough to pay for the flash, Ttl cord and, bracket you will have to buy to cover this event properly. I think you really should also have ay least 1 2.8 lens if not multiples to cover the different situations you will be shooting. I agree with Mike in that no matter how bright you think things are it is not bright enough to shoot without a flash and a fast lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back