Cow project

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by orange_angel, Jan 4, 2007.

1. orange_angel

orange_angel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If yo like cows

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Heya, orange_angel (or Frida, for that matter), and welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

Now that is a funny collection.
    What made you photograph each and every of your cows and set up these charts?
    Do you actually NEED these photos, for auctions or so (or needed, for I see some of the cows are no longer among us ... erm ... their fellow cows, that is)?
    I haven't looked at all of them, but some are really nicely photographed.
    I am sure to be back to your site! I like cows. I have photographed them before, too, but all my "models" have remained more or less unknown to me.

4. orange_angel

orange_angel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    We don't need the photos at all. The photos that are usually taken of cows when they are photographed for a commercial cause all look exactly the same and are always from the side. That's the kind of photos that can be found on farm's homepages.

I started to photograph our cows cause I like to photograph and there are some of the cows that I really want to remember. And after a while I thought it would be a cool idea to have the photos of every one, cause they are all very nice and it will be fun to have when they are gone so we don't forget about them.

I'm not really sure on if this is the best way to show it. There's nothing eles on the web that I have seen that are similar to this.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I much appreciate your idea and I see you are quite attached to your cows, which is nice. So it is not an "animal industry" you are having there but a real farm, where the animals still MEAN something to you all, and you name them and care for them and ... you personally even photograph them. Very nice. And like I said: some of the photos are really nice, well done, changing angles and perspectives. I quite like them!

Does your website allow for you to directly link your photos to here, individual ones, that is, by copying the URL and pasting it in here using the IMAGE-icon (that yellow square with a grey moutain and grey sun)?

6. orange_angel

orange_angel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you!

Yes, we care for our cows! I have grown up with them and it's my parents life and source of income (and mine to).

It's been very interesting to take the photos. Some of the cows are always there when I try photograph and some seems to be hiding all the time. Sometimes they get really curious and get way to close. So for some of them I had a lot of good images to choose from and for others there's wasn't really alot to choose between.

I'm not sure if it's okey to directly link to my website. I usually upload pictures to Photobucket if I want to post them at a forum.

7. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hej orange angel!

So you are from Umeå? I know Luleå quite well and drove through your town as well a couple of times ;)

You are lucky to live there ... this is the country of magic light, perfect for photography!

Those were taken pretty close to where you live:
    http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61523

Hej då,
    Alex

8. orange_angel

orange_angel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hallå Alex!

My brother studies in Luleå, but I've never really been there. I have moved to sothern Sweden instead. I really like the photo of the harbour (it's so calm) and the last photo too.