assentingsilence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4256074014_89374e1e69.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/4256074014_89374e1e69.jpg

Last edited:
You know, the photo has a certain "snapshot aesthetic" that makes me want to see it much,much larger. It's obvious that the cowboy is a small boy,and he's watching the grown-up rodeo guys doing the grunt work of rodeo...there are lots of cowboy hats in the frame, and the framing is slightly off-kilter..the photo is actually kind of like some of the work done by some very famous shooters back in the late 50's through early 1970's. Lee Friedlander's work comes to mind. I'm not saying your Friedlander, but the sort of "detached" feeling this shot shows is like Friedlander's oddly disconnected little "moments". His were urban scenes, yours is Oklahoma-like with rodeo and all, but still, there is the same sort of "snapshot aesthetic" that runs through your picture.

Lee Friedlander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, it's a shame the photo is so small; I'm not saying it's great art or anything, but it does have some very interesting things going on within the frame, and there's lots of things for the eye to rest upon. I thin k if it were selectively lightened in a few places, and shown bigger, it would have much more impact. I can see why you're posting it.

Interesting thought Derrell, kinda gave me the same feeling, but you put it into better words than I could have.

I like the picture...

And they call the NFL tough, with all that padding and protection.

Professional bullriders have to be some of the toughest (maybe the dumbest) hombres I know of. They get up on the bull knowing they are gonna get clobbered at best, in the next few seconds.

But you can sure get some good shooting in at a rodeo.

I appreciate the input. I know it's not perfect. I just pointed and shot that really fast because I was afraid he would jump down and I would miss the shot.

Thanks for the input. I'm really inexperienced, so any pointers are helpful.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back