Cowboy Studio

Considering the "About" link goes to a page about auction/ebay info, I wouldn't take them too seriously. It seems like they've cut and pasted their site... it just doesn't make sense.

Mis-spellings, grammatical errors, cut & paste HTML; doesn't exactly say 'professional' or 'reputable' to me....

yeah CowboyStudio?.. sort of says it all :)

I have had terrible experiences with this company, and would not recommend them to anyone. All their equipment is from a company in China, and while this company DOES produce some quality merchandise, CowboyStudio does not carry it. They carry the cheapest equipment I've ever used. The strobes are weak, the ones I used didn't work, and they refused to take them back or replace them. They have a 1 year warrantee but would not honor it, so I had to file a claim with PayPal to get my money back. It was a nightmare of a process. Also, the backgrounds are see through - if you get a black, you will see spot in the final photo and have to doctor them in photoshop.

Hmm, it's funny you bring them up, I was just considering making a purchase from them today.

just based on the design i wouldn't want to deal with them
clear.gif

I have had terrible experiences with this company, and would not recommend them to anyone. All their equipment is from a company in China, and while this company DOES produce some quality merchandise, CowboyStudio does not carry it. They carry the cheapest equipment I've ever used. The strobes are weak, the ones I used didn't work, and they refused to take them back or replace them. They have a 1 year warrantee but would not honor it, so I had to file a claim with PayPal to get my money back. It was a nightmare of a process. Also, the backgrounds are see through - if you get a black, you will see spot in the final photo and have to doctor them in photoshop.

I'm sorry but you're an idiot for buying from them in the first place. As a consumer, the burden of doing your homework and checking the reputation of online sellers is on you. There are plenty of options for camera equipment online that have years of positive feedback, so you opting for some hole in the wall site and getting screwed is your own fault.

Your rant is quite hilarious though. If the strobes you bought never worked, how do you know they are weak? And your statement about the products they carry makes no sense. They get their products from a company that makes good stuff, but they don't carry it. ??? So who do they get their stuff from?

I started off with a Cowboy Studio 2 x 200 w/s strobe kit which included two 2' x 3' softboxes and two 6' light duty stands for $270 plus ~$50 shipping off ebay.

This was around Xmas 08 and they were just updating their site. I notice they still have some errors on it, ie., the largest head they handle is 200 w/s, it's listed on the item header as 300 w/s :)

Basically you get what you pay for.

Cheers, Don

I'm sorry but you're an idiot for buying from them in the first place. As a consumer, the burden of doing your homework and checking the reputation of online sellers is on you. There are plenty of options for camera equipment online that have years of positive feedback, so you opting for some hole in the wall site and getting screwed is your own fault.

Just wondering why you wasted so much time being so rud, please tell us what it is like to be so perfect. Someone did not de enough homework, so maybe you're correct but was it really nessary to be so rude about it? what a (d) bick-head

Just wondering why you wasted so much time being so rud, please tell us what it is like to be so perfect. Someone did not de enough homework, so maybe you're correct but was it really nessary to be so rude about it? what a (d) bick-head

Now that is a first post to be proud of. :lmao:

Chemqueen was obviously frustrated with her buying experience and felt the need to vent. I also had some problems with my first purchase from them but they were all resolved and the lights at this time are working fine.

The rest of the comments offered are simply opinions with no actual experience.

Two shots for a woodworking tool review I am working on, nothing fancy, just set up and shoot. (All Cowby Studio lighting products)

This is with one head in a 18" x 18" softbox on a boom.

TopDetail.jpg

And this is with one head on a stand with a white/black 36" brolly...

Bottomdetail.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
Grave digger when you dig my grave. . .!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back