CowboyStudio Wireless Flash Triggers

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking at a wireless flash trigger... have 2 tripods and a promaster 7500 flash so I'd like to be able to use it off camera. Does anyone have any opinions on this product? I'd rather not shell out $400 for 2 pocketwizards as I'm just a hobbyist/noob who's already dropped too much coin as it is.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the product in question:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W3IXZW/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1SU6RTSUAIWSN]Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax Flashes Other products by cowboystudio: Camera & Photo[/ame]

I have a couple things from cowboy studio and I'm very happy with them. There's more manual setting involved with your exposure of each flash but definetly for the pricetheh are worth it.

Thanks for the reply. The reviews honestly surprised me... figured that for $25 all I could expect was crap (based on other value purchases). Seems like a good find though.

Another widely used, popular entry level radio trigger are the Cactus triggers. They are sold through Gadget Infinity. Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Flash Trigger :: Cactus 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set V2s

Many many people say they are great. While not giving the range of PW, they offer great reliability. And they can be modded for more range if you are inclined to do so. And they are $30ish for 1 transmitter and 1 receiver.

If you do get them, while they come with a battery, ditch that battery and put a new one yourself in there. Alot of initial problems I've read are people who are using the battery that came with the triggers, and once they switched it out, had no issues.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back