Cows...

almo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The drippy bit at the bottom of the East Coast.
Website
jc-photoguy.tripod.com
I LOVE cows!!!

I don't know why, but for some reason, other than a nice steak, they really appeal to me. I have always wanted one for a pet, but until I move to the country and buy a farm/ranch I will just have to enjoy them from the other side of the fence. That is why I love to shoot them, because it brings them to a much more personal level. And hey, they are just fun to look at....
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif

The first 4 were shot here in NE Florida, and the last is from a field in Franklin NC. I love this last one because the only thing between me and the cows was a small stream. There was a bull in that field that didn't look to trilled with me either, but it was worth the risk....
icon_wink.gif

Comments welcomed!!!

197-9723_CRW.jpg

197-9747_CRW.jpg

cows031.jpg

cows042.jpg

hjjgj022.jpg

almo said:
for some reason, other than a nice steak

LMAO hahahahaha.

Great shots btw..... I quite like cows too... I got stuck behind a tractor today towing a cow in a trailer and it was poking its head out the back with these very funny expressions of its face, I was killing myself laughing for about 10 mins, think the farmer was wondering why I wasn't overtaking, but I was rather entertained! ... was definately a moment I wished I'd had my camera, grrrr!!

All excellent, 1 + 4 being my favourites!!

All very nice photos but my favs are #1 & #3.

I must admit though that the only thing I like about cows is the STEAK!!! :drool:

aww... i am with you on loving cows...i used to have a really small herd...and helped deliver a few...love the shots of them..but the babies are great..twins by the looks of it...great shots....

i tried raising one to butcher....he lived to be 15 yrs old... named him..made him a pet.. i suck at farming..they all become pets...cant kill anything....i am such a weenie.. i would go vegetarian if i didnt love steak...and hate vegetables...(guess i cant go vegeterian,'eh? )

Nice shots. When I was in grade school, I loved cows too. I made signs that said 'Save the Cows'...it wasn't even a vegetarian thing...I just though it was funny.

Your Name is John Cowan? That's my Grandfather's name, although he (& most of my Cowan relatives) live in northern California....nowhere near where you live.

I'm with Linda (Calliope) and like the first and third best, but the last, the risky one ;), is also nice in its composition and the way the calves line up behind the mother. Maybe, if it had been my photo, I'd have tried out cropping it, but... that is just me.

That one cow licking its own nose ... few people can do this, my brother reaches to his own nostrils with his tongue, too, and so does his daughter, but none of his three sons. Funny, eh?

And as a "Cow-an", must you not love cows? ;)

Big Mike said:
Nice shots. When I was in grade school, I loved cows too. I made signs that said 'Save the Cows'...it wasn't even a vegetarian thing...I just though it was funny.

Your Name is John Cowan? That's my Grandfather's name, although he (& most of my Cowan relatives) live in northern California....nowhere near where you live.

Thanks for the comments!

You have Cowan relatives?? Wow! You may officially consider yourself a lucky man...;)

LaFoto said:
I'm with Linda (Calliope) and like the first and third best, but the last, the risky one ;), is also nice in its composition and the way the calves line up behind the mother. Maybe, if it had been my photo, I'd have tried out cropping it, but... that is just me.
Thanks! i am not sure what you mean by out cropping? Do you mean you would have tried ti give it a more conventional look?
[/QUOTE] That one cow licking its own nose ... few people can do this, my brother reaches to his own nostrils with his tongue, too, and so does his daughter, but none of his three sons. Funny, eh?[/QUOTE]
I can get close, but I hate to think of the temptation if I actually could reach my own nose...:blushing::blushing::blushing:
[/QUOTE] And as a "Cow-an", must you not love cows? ;)[/QUOTE]
It's a given:mrgreen::lol::wink:

almo said:
Do you mean you would have tried ti give it a more conventional look?

Erm... :blushing: ... it might then - after cropping it a bit ... look a bit more conventional ... So better leave it as it is!

Most reactions

Back