Crafts Fair

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
very very old shots... from when i didnt even know the meaning of depth of field... and didnt know squat of composition :mrgreen:
Haven't shot in a while.. so thought i'd share some of my old ones :)
shot on film...

turbanman.jpg

artisan1.jpg

artisan2.jpg

4d046d85.jpg

and two on b/w film
kiddie.jpg

reflecting.jpg

thanks for looking :blushing:

whooops im sorry i've posted 2 and 3 before .. sorry guys :(

Thanks Kelox :)

First one is a great shot! Loads of dignity in that man's look...would make a beautiful print I bet ;)
second is a very nice 'enviornmental portrait' . the dash of colour on her forehead pops beautifully.
Third one I find myself a bit more drawn to the dude covering his face than to the woman with the brush.
The fourth one just draws you into the world of these dancers (i assume). so vibrant and alive with colour. Killer smile too!
The BW of the girl is sweet and her dishevelled appearance coupled with the fancy dress/costume make me wonder just what she's been up to. Kind of a sly grin as well. :)
The man on the chair seems to be just biding his time as he watches the world go by and puffs on his ciggy.
Excellent work mansi.

A real natural at capturing people, who says one has to know all the technical details to take good pictures. It helps but this shows raw talent. Enjoyed all the pictures, glad you shared.

i love the 5th shot..she has a pretty cool neckles...good job nice series

oh..mansi.....just adore 3,4,and 5....those are just tremendous...

can i ask you something..? what is the significance of the red in the part of her hair in number 2... i know some native indian tribes did that (i've got the heritage) and they did it to show wealth and beauty...what is the significance here???

by the way, our native indians made it out of buffalo fat and berries...do you know what this is made out of ???

Thanks sooooo much everyone!
Thanks for looking and commenting :)

aprilraven - here in india the red streak signifies that a woman is married.. it is applied during the wedding and a most of them apply it everyday.. sort of like tradition for a lot...
This red powder is made with flowers and some other natural thing.. also has its own significance. well im not very sure.. let me look tooo .. thanks very much :)

Mansi said:
here in india the red streak signifies that a woman is married.. it is applied during the wedding and a most of them apply it everyday.. sort of like tradition for a lot...
This red powder is made with flowers and some other natural thing.. also has its own significance.
This tradition applies only to the hindu women. The powder is called sindoor.
Sindoor is vermilion, powdered red lead, applied as a dot on the forehead, like the regular ‘bindi or in the parting of the hair by all married women. It is a visible expression of their desire for their husbands’ longevity. Traditionally therefore, widows did not wear vermilion.

Ya know Mansi..whether your pics are older or newer shots, the are always brilliant street shots. Another awesome series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back