Craigslist dealings

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You just gotta love Craigslist - a deal can take 4-5 days of negotiating via email.

Then the deal is done within 2 minutes at a random grocery store parking lot!

Or vice versa. Today, I had the former.

What's your best Craigslist story?!

Probably my best Craigs list story is this particular Prostitute that was selling, Well you know. Any way, we set up a "date" with her and when she agreed to the sale/rental of the um.."item" the arrest team entered and took her into custody. She was totally shocked that we would do such a thing. The photographs we located during the investigation of the case are definately N.S.F.W.

Lets just say that due to surgical enhancements she couldn't see her shoes on her feet with out a full length mirror at least 10 feet in front of her. Even more amazing was the "trunk" enhancment she had done to match the balcony.
:bouncingsmileys: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yes we love Craigs list. We will not want for work as long as there is a Craigs list.

I bought my 24-120/4 Nikkor off CL. And my monolights. And my 77mm b+w CPL.

Two bad experiences (I stopped before making any deal) and one good one (I sold something for cash).

Not sure I'm willing to recommend it.

So many times have I been lowballed on things.

My favorite was a neighbor who wanted to sell something on CL. She asked me to take some photos of the item for her, which I did. She then asked if I could insert them into a response to an email she had gotten about the item. While doing so, I saw it was a classic 419 scam. So we set out on own little sting operation.

She replied, and sure enough, was told she'd get a cashiers check for $1200. The item sold was for $800.... the remaining 400 was for 'her trouble'. A few days later, the check arrived in the mail, with instructions to deposit it. Of course, she didn't. Instead, she called the law. And a week later, she got a call that 'an associate' of the buyer was in the area to pick the item up. That's when we sprung our trap.

It was a large item, and she was going to call me to help load the item into the associates' truck. But before I went over, I had already formed a text message to the sheriff's deputy in my area on my phone. As soon as I got the call, I hit "Send". A few minutes later, there's a sheriff's patrol car in the street, blocking the 'associates' car from leaving (we live on a cul-de-sac). The poor sap never saw it coming. Fake cashiers check, fraud, illegal use of a financial instrument, the whole nine yards. The fake cashiers check ended up in as evidence, as did all the emails.

It was fun as h-e-double toothpicks watching him get cuffed and stuffed.

Last edited:
I've picked up a few old film cameras for my collection and the 2002 Jeep Cherokee I'm driving. Oh, and I found my current studio / Apartment on it also. All good experiences for me and they all were negotiated very quickly, on the same day as found.

I love selling and buying on CL...

I've sold my D7000 there, my 300 f/4 lens, my Sony A7II, camera bags, computer parts, tents, etc

I've bought my A7r there recently.

I've never had a bad experience in person... but have weeded out a lot of low-ballers and scammers, that's the worst part.

I have sold several things on craigslist but never bought anything. No real bad experiences besides all the low-ballers. I always make sure when we meet to make the deal it is in a public place and I have someone with me and I have a form of protection with me.

My favorite was a neighbor who wanted to sell something on CL. She asked me to take some photos of the item for her, which I did. She then asked if I could insert them into a response to an email she had gotten about the item. While doing so, I saw it was a classic 419 scam. So we set out on own little sting operation.

She replied, and sure enough, was told she'd get a cashiers check for $1200. The item sold was for $800.... the remaining 400 was for 'her trouble'. A few days later, the check arrived in the mail, with instructions to deposit it. Of course, she didn't. Instead, she called the law. And a week later, she got a call that 'an associate' of the buyer was in the area to pick the item up. That's when we sprung our trap.

It was a large item, and she was going to call me to help load the item into the associates' truck. But before I went over, I had already formed a text message to the sheriff's deputy in my area on my phone. As soon as I got the call, I hit "Send". A few minutes later, there's a sheriff's patrol car in the street, blocking the 'associates' car from leaving (we live on a cul-de-sac). The poor sap never saw it coming. Fake cashiers check, fraud, illegal use of a financial instrument, the whole nine yards. The fake cashiers check ended up in as evidence, as did all the emails.

It was fun as h-e-double toothpicks watching him get cuffed and stuffed.
If you want to move to Kansas we might have a job for you. :biggrin-93::biggrin-new:

I sold my 60D to a Guy that took the train from New York city,we meet at the train station. After sale we hang out at the train station for over an hour talking.He emailed me a day later how pleased he was of the transaction and the condition of the camera.I sold a 20 gallon hexagon Aquarium that was picked up at my house.Both sales went smoothly with just the right amount of communication.

Not only do I hate all the low-ballers, but more especially the ones that low-ball AND want you to deliver it to them.... according to their schedule!

We did try to sell a car on CL and someone asked if I finance them so they could build there credit.We where asking $7,995.00 I said sure put down 7,900 I will finance the rest.LOL

Most reactions

Back