crappy hdr

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
first attempt at hdr, this is terrible, besides not being careful with the contrast i didn't have a tripod with me, so i used a windowsill. this is my wonderfull view. :( anyways, i thought i'd post it to show my humble hdr beginings . . . but don't worry i'll get better..
189246140.jpg
the sky looked like total junk so i took it from one of the exposures and masked off the rest of the frame.

I don't think it's that bad, I'm thinking about doing HDR, but have to figure out a good spot. You will see my first try soon:)

i look forward to seeing your first tries, i was stuck in my room most of the day, i damaged my achilles tendon .. . can't walk or bike, good locations are so close to me too. it sucks

Crappy? I think Not! and whats HDR? GOSH PEOPLE

I like it. I like the composition of the building faces. The only thing I could think of to change it is the building face at the very back. That part of the image is very interesting to me. I would just compose it so the back building is just a tad higher or lower then the building face closer to the camera. I think leaning the camera out of the window and holding it lower than the windows sill would do the trick. But it would be harder to do it as a HDR.

BTW thanks for the link :)

yeah, i share your thoughts on the building in back, i was pretty uninspired when i shot it, thats a pretty poor thing to do on my part, to just stick the camera out the window more or less.

i really agree with you though, and tomorrow will shoot the building in rear from the roof maybe, then superimpose it in the background so it seems huge . . . even though the scale will be wrong, i think it might be a looming kind building in the background that might look good.

I like the building faces as well, but the sky is kinda overpowering. I keep getting drawn into the sky. the photo feels like it is supposed to be about the buildings, but the sky is competing for my attention.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back