Crazy little dude

JayG1372

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_5363.JPG
it's near impossible to get my son to sit still for a second to photograph him. Finally he gave me the chance and I rolled with it. He was lying on the floor and I had my 85mm on.

Any Constructive criticism is always welcome.

A good photo of your son. If there were anything that I would do, it would be to very subtly brighten up the eye-socket and eyeball areas. Lightroom's iris enhance is something I sometimes use, to very delicately brighten/add color to the eyes; the key is not to over-do it, like so,so many people do! I think just a little bit more post-processing "light in the eyes" would help elevate this shot. Otherwise, I'd leave the other parts of the shot as they are.

I read comments on other photos that said to try and remove the reflection of flash from the eyes so I tried it on this portrait.

I'll definitely go back and attempt to redo it utilizing the iris enhancer. Thank you for the tip!

I imported the shot in to Lightroom: Looks like you might have already edited the eyes, and darkened them? Your original file shows the eyes as being VERY dark; I think the eyes would be better if they were lighter, and brighter than what I was able to achieve with your file. As I mentioned, it looks as if maybe you had already done an eye darkening, which made iris enhance very challenging to do.

Here's my take, with the iris enhance tool, and a dodge of the eye sockets areas, and a very subtle "T-shape" dodge of the forehead, and down the center line of the nose, to lighten those two areas just a little a bit, and then two little quick circle-dab dodges on the cheeks...very little light added, just trying to get more of a glow on the highlights on the main planes/points of the forehead and face.
IMG_5363_Derrel's re-envisioning.JPG

Most reactions

Back