Created a Stir at DP Reviews

I wear my banning there as a badge of honor. You need to be very careful about what you say there, apparently. I wasn't up to their standards to be sure. Welcome to the club. Anybody else been banned there?

me not yet, even though I spoke in favour of you when they banned you. ;)

But then again I am not really active there .... if I was, I might have been banned already ;)

I left that forum long before getting banned. I felt it wasn't worth it to even hang around. I got sick of gearheads and measurebators.

I left that forum long before getting banned. I felt it wasn't worth it to even hang around. I got sick of gearheads and measurebators.

"measurebators"...Nice, never heard that one before! LOL!!:lol:

LOL, the other place that is pretty aggresive is the Rangefinder Forums. Leica Forums tend to be technically helpful, but there is a LOT of chearleading or product hating that goes on there, and sometimes a surprising lack of technical understanding.

bwahahaha... sorry.. I had to laugh a little when you mentioned Rangefinder forums. I post very little there but visit often to get a laugh or two. The recent "M8 problems" and "M8 vs R-D1" threads come to mind as some of the amusing threads on that board. I have to admit though... I've learned a lot on rangefinderforums as well. Like Leica can never be at fault for anything. (i'm joking)

Banning behaviors and such are common along all types of forums/boards... car forums can be the most heated..

TPF has been always pretty neutral and enjoyable which is why I participate more often.

So Iron.. what do you like the most. Silver lens on a black body or silver body with a black lens... if then... red dot or black dot. I guess i'm SOL since my body is neither... lol

wow. I had no idea that the forum world was so vicious.

The Leica Cache is interesting. I once had 2 M6's, an M5 and a Canadian M4 all at the same time. Then I bought a retiring photographer's R system and had that stuff too. I even had a near mint IIIC that had been converted to IIIF. It was the last Leica I sold.

No doubt, the Leicas are fine cameras with excellent lenses. But you can say the same thing about many other brands as well. I think it relates to the Leica's collectibility. These are among the most rabid collectors on the planet - right up there with watch collectors. I came close to catching the bug myself. I spent the better part of a year trying to find a mint IIIG that I could afford. The only ones I could find were priced beyond the stratosphere. I did enjoy shooting with the M's. Very nice machinery to be sure. I think the 90mm Elmarit for the M cameras is one of the best telephotos I've ever used and the 21mm Elmarit and 28mm Summicron are absolutely the best wide angle lenses I've ever used on a 35mm camera.

So Iron.. what do you like the most. Silver lens on a black body or silver body with a black lens... if then... red dot or black dot. I guess i'm SOL since my body is neither... lol
Hehehe... yeah, most of those people are pretty hard-core. And to answer your question: I'm old school - silver/black body, black lens, red dot. :lol:

What can I tell ya'.... it's like your first Ferrari - red exterior, tan interior, eight cylinders. Y'all know what I mean, right?

Right?

forums make me laugh, and I have tried to avoid most forums that are specific forums (camera brands, car models though I often frequent redline forums for my current car and newtiburon for my past car, or anything of the sort) because forums that are item specific of course are going to think they are the best or at least the best for the money, because if they werent why would you buy second best.

Thats why I like this forum, because it isn't based on a brand and the majority of the people here are level headed and can put personal bias aside. Try getting your average car forum user to explain the pro's of other cars in his class and cons of his own car...

I am however on pentax forums as of late, simply because I cant get my pentax knowledge from this site as we are a very small minority here.

I am however on pentax forums as of late, simply because I cant get my pentax knowledge from this site as we are a very small minority here.

There's one or two of us around, you can ask here first :)
Oh and of course we will be taking over once we acquire arms.

There's one or two of us around, you can ask here first :)
Oh and of course we will be taking over once we acquire arms.

thats true, but when it comes to product reviews there is simply no substitue for the number of people at the pentax forums.

Product usage here is hit or miss, but there is always someone on the pentax forums who has used a certain item before and can explain their experience.

And you're correct about arms:gun:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back