Creating a digital signature for a complete PS NEWBIE???

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can someone direct me on how to create a reusable signature or mark to put on my pictures right or left hand corner? I would assume I need a white and a black one depending on the color of the photograph...

I am not that great in photoshop, so a step by step would be VERY helpful.

OOOOR If someone wants to make one... I will totally worship them for life!

lol

RMThompson

Do you want to use your actual signature...or would your name in a regular font be OK?

If you want to use your own sig...then sign a piece of paper (best would probably be a black felt tip on white paper) and make it digital (either scan it, or carefully photograph it). Get it into photoshop and make it into a selection. You could use the magic wand to select the sig, or select the background and inverse the selection. If you are using a font, then just type it out and then make a selection from the letters, in the same way. Once you have the selection made...you can 'define a brush'. I think you can do that from the brush pallet. Save your brush with a name you will remember.

Now when you want to add a signature, just select your new brush and click your signature into your image. You can change the color, size, opacity...just like any old PS brush.

Sorry, this may not have been 'step by step', as I'm going from memory...but hopefully it helps.

Big Mike said:
Do you want to use your actual signature...or would your name in a regular font be OK?

If you want to use your own sig...then sign a piece of paper (best would probably be a black felt tip on white paper) and make it digital (either scan it, or carefully photograph it). Get it into photoshop and make it into a selection. You could use the magic wand to select the sig, or select the background and inverse the selection. If you are using a font, then just type it out and then make a selection from the letters, in the same way. Once you have the selection made...you can 'define a brush'. I think you can do that from the brush pallet. Save your brush with a name you will remember.

Now when you want to add a signature, just select your new brush and click your signature into your image. You can change the color, size, opacity...just like any old PS brush.

Sorry, this may not have been 'step by step', as I'm going from memory...but hopefully it helps.

this isnt working!

Anyone else got a step by step here? I made my name a tool, but it labels it as blur... I dont know what i did wrong!

but it labels it as blur

I just tried it...it works, but when the brush size gets smaller...it does get quite blurry. I guess there is a maximum resolution for a brush.

You could just save your sig as an image file with a transparent background. When you want to insert it, just open that image and drag & drop it into your current image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back