Creative Lighting shot

WILL DO! I've decided to reshoot... stay tuned for the new photo!

well.. here goes nothing... take 2!

computercopilationcopy2.jpg

I like take 2 better but whats really bugging me is the circular lighting on top of the laptop. In the mac ads its usually a white laptop on a white backdrop so they dont have to worry so much about lighting and it being uneven because you cant see light as much on the white as you do on your black....anyway if you could somehow get that rim lighting around the whole laptop (I would put a light behind the laptop and shoot towards the back of the screen and then have some light comming towards the screen so it dosent silloutte).

Take 2 is highlighting the laptop more but then you are hiding the lcd I think and then over exaggerating the keyboard. Try spreading the light out on the keyboard or try my set up above.

and btw the screen saver or background on take 2 is much better than take 1

PO

LUH

RIZE

He means polarize and Im pretty sure hes talking about the reflections on the laptop material and the screen too. The polarizer will decrese that relfection....i dont know if you were questioning that or a previous post.
cheers mate

i was just questioning it because most people would say "use a polarizer" so i didnt know if he meant a) use polarized light
b) use a polarizer
or c) you should win the PO-LUHitzer- pRIZE for this photo

i was just questioning it because most people would say "use a polarizer" so i didnt know if he meant a) use polarized light
b) use a polarizer
or c) you should win the PO-LUHitzer- pRIZE for this photo

B.

Why bother lighting something with polarized light? It's just going to scatter.

well you didnt explain yourself. so the light doesnt reflect off the keys so much?

hmm, I as well like 2nd try much better.

I wonder, what if you could evenly light the whole computer, but still only the computer. That way, you'd get the lit computer floating on a black background.

Either way, cool stuff

I know nothing about commercial lighting, but I really like the 2nd shot better.

And for what it is worth....

There is nothing you (or anyone else for that matter) can do to make a PC looks as cool as a Mac...because they just aren't! :lol:

Good shooting though!

Most reactions

Back