Creek in Jasper

sgriffin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am new to the forum and just starting out trying my hand at photography, please critique as any feedback (good or bad) is appreciated.

This was taken with my old Canon Powershot A75 as I didn't have my new camera yet. I purchased the D40x about a 2 months ago and look forward to posting more images shortly for more critique.

Jasper_Hot_Springs.jpg

I'm just kind of apathetic about it. Nothing really interests me about it, nothing pulls me in. It just needs a little more thought. A different perspective, an interesting light pattern something. Don't want to be harsh, but that was my first reaction.

Retake the shoot. You have a red thing in the lower left corner. That alone demands a reshoot.

Retake the shoot. You have a red thing in the lower left corner. That alone demands a reshoot.

I agree, and also some of the rocks are badly over exposed, the water is also blown out in some spots.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but why would the red rock in the left corner demand a reshoot? Is it cause it draws the attention of the viewer to that spot? Just curious...

I guess he thinks that it would make a interesting subject, and to be honest I would agree that it would make a much more interesting shot than this one.

Congrats on picking up the D40x though, I hope to see more from you.

Most reactions

Back