Creepin on the Construction Site: "Construct"ive Criticism PLEASE!

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a shoot with Jenny and her friend today. We ended up sneaking into the construction site at the new civic center that they are building here in Old Town Temecula. She needed some shots for a deadline for Wet Seal.

Also, this was the first shoot I did with my new 40D! I am so stoked on it! It is basically the most beautiful thing in the entire world hehe. It just feels so much more professional when it is in your hand because of the bigger body, stronger build, etc. On top of that, last week, I finally just went ahead and bought some light stands and umbrellas so I don't have to carry around my gay DIY softboxes + the heavy tripods that I use to mount them. It is just so much more convenient to be able to carry a light stand and an umbrella all in one hand.

Anyways, for this shot, I really wanted to capture a sort of rebellious/snotty sort of feel and I think I did pretty well. To do this, we took some dried cement/joint compound powder that was in one of the window sills and smeared it all over their faces, arms and chests. This is definitely my favorite shot of the day.

Strobist Info:

Canon 430EX camera right through umbrella, 1/4 power

Triggered via PocketWizards

4628569486_e01f991ba5_b.jpg

Strobist Info:

Canon 430EX camera left through brolly, 1/4 power

Triggered via PocketWizards ;D

4628568832_2c88241685_b.jpg

This was one of the earlier shots of the day. We found these two big packages of insulator and put them on top of each other to make them look like a couch and then dragged our couch in front of the entrance to that room so that the viewer could really get a sense of our location.

4627965655_c5a7308c4e_b.jpg

Great, someone with a real talent for portraits. There's a bit of uncomfortable glare on the last one, but the first two are fantastic. Sorry, not very constructive, I just think you did a great job here.

What is the girl on the right doing with her left hand in the first image? It looks awkward, as does the other girls pose (legs and feet).

#2 is probably your strongest.

I think the lighting could have been used to show more details in her shirt. There is not enough contrast to tell it apart from the background, or to see any details in it.

Good job.

The dust on her face in pic 2 doesn't really seem to add to the image...it just makes her face look kind of weird. Maybe it would look better cleaned up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back