creepy crawlies

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by liquidflight, Oct 26, 2003.

1. liquidflight

liquidflight TPF Noob!

These are not nearly as high quality as those lovely hornet pics, but there are some neat shots here. Again, DOF isn't the greatest on some of them. Personally, I HATE spiders, and the only time I'll get close to them is when they are this small. On the other hand, I love snakes, so this garter snake got some pets from me while shooting. I'll finish off with a not so creepy frog. I LOVE frogs. : ) Anyone have anything to say other than YUCK? :) -Alicia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phodog

Phodog TPF Noob!

I gotta say I like your work, you have a natural eye. I also like the fact your not afraid to experiment and have fun. Keep shooting - your gonna get even better. What king of gear & film or digital are you using?
    Pat

3. liquidflight

liquidflight TPF Noob!

Thanks Pat! Having fun is all I do when I have the camera out! :) I use a Canon Eos Rebel, with no tripod (I'll get one soon), which is why DOF is often off with the close-ups. I also have a set of three macro filters which I use a LOT. I love macro. I am very inexperienced with manual photography, but have been goofing off with auto for a long time. Sometimes I experiment with new things like timed exposure, but I really hope to take a course soon to give me some more tools.
    Cheers, Alicia

4. Lula

Lula Cracks-Up At Crazy Titles!

Hi there!
    loved the pics, i really i loved !
    the last one reminds me of a frog i saw during my vacation on a river...
    just like in the pic , she was standing on a rock but she was asleep :shock:
    :lol: it was very funny!

the 1rst and 2nd pic look really cool, I like the effect of the web and the colour of it!
    3rd pic is a bit scary for me.....don't like very much snakes....where is she standing :shock: is that a hand??????
    ohhhh creepy!!! :lol:

keep up the good work!
    :wink:

5. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

My favorite was the last pic with the frog.

Have you ever thought about applying some of the thirds rule to your pictures. The ones I have seen that you have taken alway have your subject directly in the center. This is great for the subject, but in my experiences I have found that by offsetting the subject to the right or left adds more of the environment and can create some great effects.

The difference of the two is this is a picture of a frog, by offsetting you may get a picture about a frog... Subtle differences can really make a change. Play around and let me know if it works for you.

6. liquidflight

liquidflight TPF Noob!

Thanks Lula. :) The snake was on my mum's hand. It would have been on mine, but I couldn't get a steady shot that way. The snake was a very friendly girl, she was nervous at first, flicking her tongue in and out, but soon calmed down and actually curled up in my palm to sun itself. :)

To answer your question Bogleric, I do frequently use the rule of thirds in my photos, but I also like to take portraits of animals and people without scenery around. If I see that there is a shot with great composition using thirds, I will use it. But mostly, I just like the subject to be smack dab in the middle. Not quite as creative, but I guess it's my preference for animals. I like your take on it though, with it being 'about' instead of 'of' the subject. :)
    -Alicia

7. cowbert098

cowbert098 TPF Noob!

I really like your stuff. I like the 3rd and 4th the best, the subject is interesting.