Creepy Dolls

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Local museum display, behind glass.....thank god!

Any critique appreciated. How do you like the conversions?

Thanks for looking

creep dolls-1.jpg

creep dolls-1-3.jpg

creep dolls-1-4.jpg

creep dolls-1-6.jpg

creep dolls-1-7.jpg

Personally, I find all dolls creepy so, in that regard, they all work. :lol: For having to shoot through glass, you did a good job with light and composition, although #4 is a bit soft and it's unfortunate that the feet are cut off.

There is a disconcerting white pointed slash coming out of the left side of the face of the last image (#5). I can't make out what it is, but it could likely be removed. Also in that frame there is a slight cobweb at the top of the doll, which you may have seen and decided to let show, which is fine. I can't decide if it adds to the "creepy" theme or is simply a slight distracting element. Totally your call there.

I think your conversion is okay, with #s 1 and 4 being a little bright and #2 being perhaps a little too contrasty. But again, without being able to move your subjects around and control the lighting, it's tough.

Hi terri thanks very much for taking the time to post these very helpful comments.

It was a challenge, the reflections limited angles and I was stuck with the layout and lighting. The real problem was beginner mistakes. When chimping I thought I had better focus and DOF. I think most of the regulars here would have found a better composition, and many would have found some amazing shots, so that's a little frustrating. But, these are all shots that can lead to improvement, and I'm having fun :)

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back