creepy??

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nature hike with Daisy today, at a place called Beamer Conservation area... made good use of the 300 mm., all hand held, maunal focus and manual exposure.. whew!! busy fingers today... 231 pics, and weeded them down to 8.. I will post a couple more in the snapshot section.

Two questions,, should I have arranged the fungus pics all together, or separated them as I have below?? And do you like the portrait style crops, or do you prefer all landscape style???

websize2005-09-10_2.jpg

websize2005-09-10_6.jpg

websize2005-09-10_11.jpg

websize2005-09-10_8.jpg

websize2005-09-103.jpg

websize2005-09-102.jpg

websize2005-09-10_7.jpg

websize2005-09-10_3.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Wonderful sharp images. Good post processing, the colors look great. I am amazed they were handheld. I drink way to much coffee so my manfrotto tripod goes with me everywhere. Is your 300mm a prime lens?

As far as landscape or portrait goes, it generally depends on the lines in photo but not always.

wow, fantastic close up shot. The light on 1st and 8th are beautiful.

Well now here you go creeping me out! (but in a good way mind you!) That 5th shot is something else! I love the way the legs create those nice lines and the dof is great! These are all very good as usual. Nice and crisp. That is some cool fungus. I have never seen anything like that in real life. wtg ray!!! : )

Some great shots raymond. all of them have excellent sharpness and are well exposed. :thumbup:
Especially like the tones and textures in #2.
And the daddy-long-legs in #5 really captures the delicacy . love the little shadow you caught. :)
Thanks for posting these.

Thanks everyone, it was a fun day, and Daisy really helped me out with these.. while taking the shots, and in the PS., she has a great eye. John.. my lens is just a standard 70-300 Nikon., and I need to apologize for lying.. the fungus shots were set up on my shirt .. I took off my shirt, layed it on the path, layed myself down in the dirt, and set the composition, focus, and exposure.. f22@3 seconds. O forgot about this last night when I was way tired from the busy day!

Wow! Raymond these are some great shots and I agree with Jonk on #2 and #5.

Landscape or portrait: I think it all depends on the shot itself and how the photographer sees it and as John E said the lines in photo plays a very important role.

Arranging the fungus pics all together would have been nice, but the way you did it here is fine as long as we get to see your wonderful photography it really doesn't matter. imo

No. Not creepy. Very well photographed! My favourite is Photo 5, with that spider barely hanging on its own web.

I think I would have liked to see insects/spiders on their own, for all those photos are so "filigree" in character and the fungus appear "coarse" in comparison. Though every single one of them is very well composed and beautifully lit as well... hard to tell actually. Your photo are just too good to make any real distinction.

Another amazing series Raymond. Not creepy at all for me. :lmao: The spider shots rock. Wow.

Most reactions

Back