cricket match questions

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Might be going to a cricket match next month so hoping to get some action shots. Just a bit concerned as the players are all in white so am i oing to end up with all the people as blown highlights? and the rest dull?

I would set EC to -.3 or -.7. As shoot in raw so you can adjust WB

Should work fine on default. While the players are white you don't have them filling the shot to a worrying degree.

Of bigger concern is a long lens, fortunatly your list of equipment includes a 70-300 so make sure to pack that and expect to be running at the 300 end a lot of the time. I don't have any of my images from cricket matches on flickr at the moment.

Last edited:
cheers, i plan to use the big lens, like when i shot a football match

Exposure compensation, so the players aren't over exposed. If it is indoors, you will have a very difficult time capturing action.

Exposure compensation, so the players aren't over exposed. If it is indoors, you will have a very difficult time capturing action.

*chuckles* guess you havn't met this 'wierd' english sport of Cricket. The challenges he faces are comparable to those you'd face photographing baseball.

*chuckles* guess you havn't met this 'wierd' english sport of Cricket. The challenges he faces are comparable to those you'd face photographing baseball.
I've played baseball indoors ;D. But yea to the OP try shooting with the long lens and shoot in RAW so it's easier to fix the exposure.

Most reactions

Back