Cricket

Dušan Zidar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hy to everyone....

I shot this with D70, 80-200mm f 2,8 1/500 and extension tube handheld but
im not happy with sharpenes...i have a monopod but it is very bulky tu run around with it...

cricek.jpg

by

sorry about my english

What a strange looking cricket. I like the color contrast. The bright pink flower helps to bring out the dull green in the cricket. Really enjoyed this one.

I was thinking maybe darken the flower a little bit so that the bug stand out more, if it's not working then forget it...just a suggestion. Also I like the fact that you took this photo from the top instead of in the front. Nice shot by the way.

nice, very nice, but:
although the colours are beautiful i think they could be improved but i have no idea how, because a saturation increase would probably burn the purple... maybe a little hue adjustment to create lighter colours. well, anyway, they're pretty as they are too.

big problem: do you see what colour the cricket is? light green. well do you also see that ultra defocalised giant leaf bottom right? ouch, also green! it messes up the whole center of interest and also taints the clarity of the picture. maybe if you photoshop it... maybe. it'a pity too, it's such a great shot...

Most reactions

Back