Crisp images..?

stang96mj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do you get your picture so...........crisp(is that the word i'm looking for???...lol) I am meaning the colors. They look so i duuno...bright i guess.
Also how do you get the black background on your black and whites so dark? What all do i need to play with in Photoshop?
What lens should I use and for what occasion?
I have 3 lenses for my Canon Rebel XSi:
50mm 1.8
18-55mm
75-300mm

Sorry for all the ?s lol
Thanks!

Levels are a good start when it comes to photoshop Using the Photoshop Levels Tool

Your 50mm is good for portraits, and shallow DOF,shots in Low light i use my 50F1.4 as a walk round lens,

Your kit lens would be used as your walk around lens

70-300can be used for sport, wildlife, long distance subjects but watch your shutter speed 70mm= 1/100 300mm= 1/300 minimum

:hugs: :lol:

Last edited:
Levels are a good start when it comes to photoshop Using the Photoshop Levels Tool

Your 50mm is good for portraits, and shallow DOF,shotsLow light i use my 50F1.4 as a walk round lens,

70-300can be used for sport, wildlife, long distance subjects but watch your shutter speed 70mm= 1/100 300mm= 1/300 minimum

Ok, sorry but what is a walk around lens? Just like it says?
So, when I use the 70-300 does ot always need to be set on the 1/300?

What all do i need to play with in Photoshop?
The first step should be to think about exposure, not Photoshop.

Also how do you get the black background on your black and whites so dark?
To make a background white in a photo, you will likely need to light it. Meaning that you need a separate light or two on just the background.
To get a black background, you need to prevent light from hitting it. So move the model and the lights far away from the background and block any lights from hitting it directly.

Your 50mm is good for portraits, and shallow DOF,shotsLow light i use my 50F1.4 as a walk round lens,

Walk around lens is when you want to keep it light with one lens does it all, like family days out
with your 70-300 you need to match your focal length to shutter speed, a beginner shooting at 300mm with shutter speed under 1/300 will give a blurry image, up the shutter speed to 1/500 and you should have a sharp image if it has been focused correct, if your shooting at 70mm try and keep your shutter speed above 1/100

Walk around lens is when you want to keep it light with one lens does it all, like family days out
with your 70-300 you need to match your focal length to shutter speed, a beginner shooting at 300mm with shutter speed under 1/300 will give a blurry image, up the shutter speed to 1/500 and you should have a sharp image if it has been focused correct, if your shooting at 70mm try and keep your shutter speed above 1/100

To explain this more, you want the reciprocal (spelling? ) of the focal length, but your camera has a crop factor of 1.6. So a 100mm is equivelent to 160mm on a 35mm full frame camera. So for your fully extended 300mm you would want 1/(300x1.6) which is 1/480, your cameras closest setting would be 1/500th of a second. I noticed a huge difference when I started doing this. I have a Tamron 70-300 and hated it because I could never get a decent hand held shot until I started doing this.

You want color?
WELL, what I do when I want to adjust the colors of a photograph is I open the image in Adobe Lightroom, then I go down and adjust each color, it's hue and luminance. That way I can control how each part adds to the overall picture.

Black background? Use the lowest ISO, fastest shutter, lowest aperture. That will get you a solid black backdrop :lol:. If you would like your subject to show up, use a balance of good controlled light, and proper camera settings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back