Photos NOT OK to edit
Model: Cristine

Cristina-1039.jpg

Cristina-1024.jpg

Cristina-1023.jpg

Cristina-1022.jpg

Cristina-1016.jpg

Cristina-1013.jpg

WOW! These are really, really good Buckster. The model is obviously beautiful, kudos to the hair & MUA. The poses and lighting are spot on IMO. Excellent choice of aperture.

Okay, now I have to be honest. It took me a few scolls up and down to see the images for what they are. I was very distracted by the wardrobe choice. The designer obviously has a sense of humor. :biggrin:

WOW! These are really, really good Buckster. The model is obviously beautiful, kudos to the hair & MUA. The poses and lighting are spot on IMO. Excellent choice of aperture.

Okay, now I have to be honest. It took me a few scolls up and down to see the images for what they are. I was very distracted by the wardrobe choice. The designer obviously has a sense of humor. :biggrin:

Thank you kindly!

Yeah, I noticed the wardrobe thing while shooting, but didn't have the heart to "point" out the targeting aspect to her. :lol:

:biglaugh:

I didn't see that before, but now that you've pointed that out... :lol:

Buckster... maybe it's just me... or the perspective is playing tricks on me... but... #1 and 2 look crooked? The stairs emphasis the illusion (or are they really?) that the photos are leaning to the left?

No, it's not just you - It's definitely copping a lean. :confused: I did that, and not on purpose either. I didn't notice till I got them into Lightroom, and by then it was too late. If I rotate them, I'll start amputating her toes, and I just don't want to put in the work to try to work up some image extension via cloning and so on (though it wouldn't be too tough on #2), so I left it as is.

With the full length ones your lighting is dropping off quickly and the legs are dark. I think having the body lighted more evenly would be more appealing.

great shots buckster!

my only gripe is that on a few of them, im seeing a lot of specular highlights that, to me, just dont fit the scene. if these are fashion/glamour type shots, it seems as though her face is a bit shiny on a couple. 3 and 4 are where its most noticable...she looks downright greasy. perhaps its fancy makeup and was a choice by the stylist?

wonderful job overall! :thumbup:

The target like pattern design flaw on her chest is very destracting. I think overall with framing and lighting , you did great. Especially #2, background works very good for these i think and shes very pretty.
....damn that bullseye! Lol someone shoot the designer!

Thanks so much! You folks are all giving me some really good input on these, and I really appreciate it!

great shots buckster!

my only gripe is that on a few of them, im seeing a lot of specular highlights that, to me, just dont fit the scene. if these are fashion/glamour type shots, it seems as though her face is a bit shiny on a couple. 3 and 4 are where its most noticable...she looks downright greasy. perhaps its fancy makeup and was a choice by the stylist?

wonderful job overall! :thumbup:

I thought my eyes must be decieving me because as I looked at the pix, I kept thinkin' "man, did someone need a MUA to put some powder on , lol.

RE: lighting
Did you use a softbox? The light seems so focused and harsh instead of pleasantly (and flatteringly) diffused. If you did, I'm thinking the light was too close. If you didn't, which is what it looks like, it might be a worthy investment.

If it's something you are comfy with (and you are the photograper so should get that way, quick, if not already) tell your models prior to the shoot what to and what not to wear. Don't have to pick out an exact thing but a generality. I usually email them a list of "to do's and don'ts". Another idea that I also utilize is have them bring several changes of clothes so you can pick what is worn. That way it avoids this sort of "look at me" print.

The softboxes were packed pretty deep, as I'm on the road and was leaving that location the next morning, so I opted for a couple of umbrellas that were handy instead.

The shoot itself was conceived in just a few minutes, when I was approached in the lobby of the hotel I was staying at in Tennessee (where these were shot) by her and her boyfriend about hiring me to shoot her for her portfolio. They'd noticed me coming and going with my camera gear in tow. It was pretty late, and I told them I'd be happy to do it, but that we had to do it right then, as I had to get to bed so I could rise and shine early in the morning to take off for Kentucky.

That's what she was wearing already, and she just did her MU while I set up a couple of umbrellas and lights real quick. We did the shoot, chimped the back of the camera together, signed the model release, got paid, and off to the room I went.

I processed a few shots (the ones above), printed them, went to bed, got up the next morning and headed off for a final meeting with my client. Then back to the hotel, met with them, handed over the prints (lots of oohs and aahs and smiles - they were very pleased with them) as well as JPGs on a CD, loaded my truck and hit the road. :)

If I'd had more time to plan the shoot and set it up, I'd have used the softboxes and a hair light, and took more time to watch the details and course correct as I worked through the shoot. Not trying to make excuses, but that's the way it goes sometimes!

#3 is soft around the eyes
#6 I dont like the lighting

The rest are pretty good.. but I really hate the shoot location. The outfit and the shoot location dont really match IMO. But technique wise they are excellent. (take my CC with a grain of salt)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back