critique always welcomed

ive gotten some comments the it looks weird with the babies head cut off... i did that on purpose, i thought it was nice. opinions?

I like #1. I'm not much of a fan of selective coloring... so #2 is not going to be my favorite ... and I'm also not too fond of the baby's head cut off, plus not being able to see her eyes... her hands are lovely but I'd like to see more of her face.

It depends on the composition... If I was you in the first photo I would put the baby on the side. It would make the photo more interesting.

In the 2 the head cut off does not looks cool too.
You need to experiment more on the composition.
Try to shot from more interesting angles.

these are actually the first two photos i can ever remember shooting with this type of composition. so this was me experimenting with composition lol. guess it was an experiment gone awry!!!

Experimenting is fun :D

Yes it is ......
When experimenting you can get a great results like this ...
the%20car%20of%20reflections%20small.jpg

luckily with pictures of kids you cant go wrong. might not be a great photograph, but when its your kids they always make great snapshots and memories.

i asked my husband who used to do alot of photography and he also told me not to cut off the head. oops LOL

that is very awesome matt!!

i did the selective coloring o accident by experimenting with layers!! i know a lot of epople are into that thing, but i like it :D

If you have small kids that are ready to pose for you ... so thats GREAT! and also fortunate LOL.

Family photos always have memories.
Those are photos that can not be deleted.

BTW thank you

well, idk about them always being ready to "pose" for me.

My son does not like eye contact or attention. I actually take him next month to be tested for autism. taking pictures of him is very hard. my daughter is an easy target though! but photographing toddlers is so uch fun i wish my son wasnt so "camera shy"

sorry got sidetracked there LOL

Hehe they are all hard to take photos of them. I hardy find good photos of me when I was small lol. My father said that shooting a ghost or a bird was more easy :D

First of all the baby is super adorable but I really wished I could see more of her temporal lobe :D I love the second effect very pinkish. Mind you the baby can join a modeling competition. Hope to see more of her lovely head next time :)

I guess I am in the minority I really like the second shot. I like the selective coloring and I really like the softness of the shot. I don't mind the fact that the head is cut off. And this B&W is much better than the last one. :thumbup: As always I will warn you that my .02 is coming from all of my 2 months experience, so take my opinion with a handful of salt. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back