critique and advice of iphone 4s pics

extremelyintrigued

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been told that my eye for photos is improving. Ive only been doing it a couple years but have really been taking it serious lately All of these pics are from iphone 4s. compliments, advice, and input is appreciated

Attachments

• $005.JPG
    $005.JPG
    870.5 KB · Views: 211
  • $022.JPG
    $022.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 222
  • $098.JPG
    $098.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 214
  • $101.JPG
    $101.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 224
  • $103.JPG
    $103.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 229
  • $105.JPG
    $105.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 202
  • $106.JPG
    $106.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 206
  • $108.JPG
    $108.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 209
  • $109.JPG
    $109.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 223
  • $110.JPG
    $110.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 239
You seem to have an eye to capture intersting things. Now if you only had a camera...

Thanks... My mother has A Nikon D60 with 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6g.. Would that be a good upgrade??

well it IS a camera... so yeah.

Did you really make a video of you taking snapshots with your iphone?

I cant use dropbox at work.

did you not know that it you could do that.. There is a few vids as well in the vid

Don't be bothered by people who want to give you a hard time about using an iPhone. Gear snobs are everywhere, but ignorable.

Your eye ain't too bad. I seem to have some variety in how you're taking pictures, which is good. Not a lot of variety in what you're shooting.

I would do a couple of things:

- look through your pictures, starting let's say with the ones above. What's the same, from picture to picture, and what's different? What do you like?
For instance, where are you putting the horizon line in one picture, and in another. Which one works better? Why? Where are you putting the
"object of interest" (windmill, sun, etc) in the frame? Where does it work better, where does it work worse?

- Fool around with editing. I think even iPhoto can boost saturation and contrast a bit, which would really help some of these pictures.

- What are the limitations of your phone camera? What is it doing a bad job of, and what kinds of pictures are more harmed by that limitation?
Should to try to take pictures that the phone does a good job with, or not?

There aren't really any right answers here, just things to think about that might help you get pictures that you're happier with.

Welcome to the forum!! I'm actually kinda impressed that you got lightning shots with your phone. =)

I love that landscape. The complete absence of civilization and the seemly endless empty plains. Very nice shots.

You have a good eye for photos, these certainly aren't bad for iphone pics. I think the question I would ask myself is where to I want to go in my photography endeavors. If iphone pics and posting weblog type related things are it, then you are there. If you want to be seen and recognized, I would highly consider upgrading to a dslr and exploring. Learning the craft isn't hard, just takes time, you have an eye and you seem to enjoy it, so it is probably worth getting started.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back