dheerajjuneja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gallery.loginworks.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

Getting feedbacks from experts here is the best way to learn/improve upon skills ... Please feel free to give your advice on this photograph i recently took in Rajasthan.

Tree_filtered.jpg

EXIF:
Camera: Canon 40d
Shutter 1/6000
Aperture priority mode
f/4.0
ISO: 160
Focal length: 34mm
Sigma 24-70mm

Regards,
Dheeraj Juneja

Last edited:
I think the first bit of advice to give is to post a few here to entice people to follow the link.. I've seen several people on here who won't blindly follow a link.. Plus, 155 pictures is much too much to ask for critique on..

It's kind of big even for my 24" monitor. At first all I could see was the top of the sky, which didn't thrill me. I almost didn't scroll to see the rest of the image.But I'm glad I did. I like it, but was curious if you shot it in RAW? If so, I think I would try to liven up the sky. If you shot in RAW, you should be able to go into the blue channel and boost it some. Just a thought. I do like it though.

I had to scroll out to see it properly - smaller would be much easier!

That being said, I like the composition, and your chosen shutter speed which slightly blurred the grass. I think the slight purplish tint in the sky could be played with a bit in PP, too.

It's nice, I won't lie. But I think it could have been killer if you sat down and had a picnic and waited for the sun to dip juuuuust behind the horizon. Catch the banding of colors in the sky, the final moments of the day... a change in timing would have taken this from "good" to "stunning".

I like it, I'd print it and put it on the wall. You should also do what viridari said and get the sun setting there. Another important thing to post when asking for a critque is the shot information (EXIF), letting us know what your camera was set to. Another thing you could do is frame the tree with the left side of your frame, get it out of the center, try the "rule of thirds" on it.

Thanks for all the responses ... yes the image was shot in RAW. But, i am a very new person to PP. Can you guys point me to right direction in order to boost that sky. It can really make a difference if the skyies come out of this picture ...

Am editing my first post with EXIF. Thanks for the tip ...

At 1536px long and 1024px wide, this photo is too large for most to be viewed in one. Which is a pity ... it looks a nice enough photo.
I looked where Ghaziabad is situated in India ... and it is not in Rajastan. Did you travel there because it is so beautiful there, and so full of history? My sister's been to Rajastan in February of this year. She brought home thousands of wonderful photos!

Yup, travelled to Rajasthan because its mesmerizing... have been there couple of times already, but never so well prepared :)

Yup, my mistake for posting at such a size, but got a bit lazy and directly posted the picture from my gallery here ... will keep in mind from now on.

Thanks for your comments folks ... Have just came to this forum and have started liking it already. Great community guys ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back