critique me

smileforme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
view my images and let me know what i need to work on...
this is the 2nd time i have ever shot a DSLR... or anything better than a point and shoot.
DSC00419.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

The first one is awesome, but the second I'm not really feeling. Her knees are very unattractive (but this is not an insult, cause its not her knees, its knees in general). ANYWAY the first one has good lighting also, I like the definition in her collarbone...very feminine.

As a side note, I'd lose the Bic lighter in her hand...

Interesting. I understand the Bic lighter, but I don't think it works; it's large enough to attract the eye, but not large enough to really make a bold statement. The composition of the first one is good, but her chest/dress is about 1/2 stop over-exposed, maybe tone that down a little in post-processing?

I have to agree with Senor Hound; the second one doesn't work for me either; the pose just isn't quite right. To be honest, what it says to me is, "Crazy cat lady lives here" which I'm guessing is not where you wanted to go with it.

Interesting. I understand the Bic lighter, but I don't think it works; it's large enough to attract the eye, but not large enough to really make a bold statement. The composition of the first one is good, but her chest/dress is about 1/2 stop over-exposed, maybe tone that down a little in post-processing?

I have to agree with Senor Hound; the second one doesn't work for me either; the pose just isn't quite right. To be honest, what it says to me is, "Crazy cat lady lives here" which I'm guessing is not where you wanted to go with it.

The Bic needs to be something more dynamic like a Zippo, or perhaps placed in a way where, as you said, its making a statement. But really, these photos are GREAT. Sometimes when we criticize the person who took the photo gets the impression there's nothing good about this. But I'd say these photos are EASILY 95% awesome. Just a few tweaks here and there is all... I personally think you could leave it as is and be fine, but we're trying to give you some "how about next time" advice.

But I'd say these photos are EASILY 95% awesome. Just a few tweaks here and there is all... I personally think you could leave it as is and be fine, but we're trying to give you some "how about next time" advice.

Yep, jus t nit-picking the details is all.

thank you very very much! you guys are great. i appreciate any constructive criticism i can get. i see exactly what you guys are talking about.. the lighter.. the over exposure on the chest/dress. all things i will make sure to look for on my next go. i totally wish she would have had a zippo :(.
THANK you again!
-Chris

Most reactions

Back