critique my b&w photography!

cHeeunIT890

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys! i'm new to the photography scene and wondered if i could get some critique for this photo...

this one is a self portrait...
Golden_Gate_Heights_by_cHeeunIT890.jpg

In the critique forum please post only one image at a time. The mods are very strict on the rules here so this may get moved into one of the other sections.

The third is a bit to busy to see the subject.

thanks for the warning. fixed.

Way too much sky. Probably should have stopped above the power pole.

I would agree there is too much sky. If I scroll down and cover the vast majority of the sky I like the picture much better.

Is this the self portrait you mentioned? If so, I think it's a really interesting approach! I agree some of the sky could be cropped, but I really like this photo!

Welcome to the Forum :)

thanks for the advice guys! i'll keep at it.

-edit-

how does this look?

goldengateheightskp7.jpg

Thanks garbz for the hint.

Thanks cHeeun for reacting appropriately.
Welcome to ThePhotoForum, cHeeun! :D

The mods are strict on the rules here in Photo Critique for a reason.
This particular forum is special and meant to be special and different from our Galleries.

In how far it is different from the galleries is stated above and I will repeat it again in order to underline it here:

Photo Critique Distinctly different from the other sections on this Forum! This gallery exists to perform a specific function. Designed specifically towards photographic growth, this is a venue for people who seek help or advice with a specific image. Technical problem? Concerns with composition? Post your image here, with equipment details!

Therefore it would be really helpful if the posters of photos to Photo Critique and reply posters alike would watch this special status of Photo Critique.

Both should post their photo or their replies, respectively, by being more elaborate and more comprehensive as they would be in the galleries. The original poster should state what made him take this photo in the first place and what he tried to achieve, and he should tell us what equipment was used and what settings he chose.

Those who reply and offer critique should say more than "I like this" or "This is a cool idea" in their replies. Their answers should be as thought over as the OP's thoughts he had about the photo he submitted.

More info on what Photo Critique is for can be found in our Photo_Critique_guidelines (sticky on second place in the Photo Critique Index).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back